- Gati share price rally after investor Damani buys stakeIn Indian rupee terms, BSE Sensex up 9.1 pct, but in US dollar terms, it's down 3.1 pct in 2013From Subrata Roy's Sahara Group to sundry SMS scams, 2013 turns into year of empowerment for SebiPlatinum may be bright spot in 2014 as surpluses pressure commodities
over 54 percent and 47 percent respectively for the year.
On Tuesday, blue chips were the leading gainers, with Reliance Industries Ltd closing up 0.91 percent, Tata Motors Ltd ending 0.4 percent higher and Tata Consultancy Services gaining 0.7 percent.
Shares of India's Apollo Tyres Ltd surged 5.77 percent after a deal to acquire U.S.-based Cooper Tire & Rubber Co fell through late last night. Cement makers recouped some losses as Monday's sell-off over worries about weakening cement prices was seen overdone: ACC Ltd ended up 1.3 percent and Ambuja Cements Ltd rose 0.4 percent.
Shares in supermarket chain Trent Ltd rose 0.4 percent a day after India's foreign investment regulator approved a $110 million investment plan by Britain's Tesco .
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Euro set to be 2013's top-performing major currency
* Brent oil to end 2013 flat as Libya offsets weak demand
* World shares seen gaining more in 2014
* Foreign institutional investor flows