utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on Thursday, Disinvestment Secretary Ravi Mathur said.
* The food ministry has decided to seek Cabinet approval to lift controls on sugar, a senior food ministry official said.
* In a move that will increase electricity tariffs by up to 13 paise a unit, the cabinet committee on economic affairs (CCEA) on Tuesday approved the pooling of imported and domestic coal prices.
* State electricity distribution companies have decided to sign long term power supply contracts in the next six months ending a two-year long dry spell for power generators, an official statement said.
Dainik Bhaskar Group's power generation arm, Diligent Power, is in talks with leading private equity players to raise around 8 billion rupees to fund its thermal power projects, said three persons with direct knowledge of the development. AUTOS
* Tata Motors Ltd is working on a new premium small car that will compete with models of rivals Maruti Suzuki India Ltd and Ford Motor Co, several people with knowledge of the development said.
RETAIL / TRAVEL
* Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has asked leading mall developers to block space for its initial stores in India, as the world's second largest fashion retailer hopes to open a local office in the next three months, said people directly familiar with the matter.
* Thomas Cook (India) Ltd on Tuesday said it will buy a 74 percent stake in unlisted Bangalore-based human resources company Ikya Human Capital Solutions Pvt. Ltd for 2.56 billion rupees.
* United Breweries Holdings Ltd's October-December net profit surged more than twelve-fold to 389.2 million rupees from 30.7 million rupees a year ago.
Stocks More on Tata Motors Ltd
Company INFO More on Tata Motors Ltd