BSE Sensex recovers over 86 points, Nifty up by 34 points in early trade
* US Treasuries prices fell on Tuesday as a rebound in Wall Street stocks and data on European business activity that indicated improvement in the region's economy cut the appetite for safe-haven government debt, pushing benchmark yields back above 2 percent.
* India Finance Minister at event. (1200GMT)
* India central bank officials in Guwahati for board meet.
* Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC), India's biggest housing finance company, will reduce its prime lending rate by 10 basis points starting Feb. 6, it said on Tuesday.
* The Indian government expects to raise around 120 billion rupees ($2.25 billion) by selling a 9.5 percent stake in state power utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on Feb. 7, Disinvestment Secretary Ravi Mathur said.
* GlaxoSmithKline Plc has lifted its stake in its publicly-listed Indian consumer healthcare subsidiary to 72.5 percent from 43.2 percent, deepening its footprint in emerging markets and non-prescription products.
* The RBI said on Tuesday it accepted all 31 bids for 583.20 trillion rupees at its one-day repo auction, through which it injects cash into the banking system. It said it did not receive any bids at its reverse repo auction, through which it absorbs cash from the system.
* Indian banks' refinancing with RBI rises to 180.61 billion rupees.
* Indian banks' cash balances with RBI rise to 3.20 trillion rupees.
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.2 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan rose 0.3 percent.
* Asian shares recovered on Wednesday as solid euro
Be the first to comment.