- Indian stock markets to deliver below average returns in 2014, BSE Sensex target 21,750: HSBCICICI Bank hits overseas bond market again, may raise at least $500 mnBSE Sensex extends gains, up 49 pointsIndia not a great investment story, turnaround can make it 'best': CLSA's Chris Wood
Ltd rose 3.2 percent, while ICICI Bank Ltd ended 1.1 percent higher. Metal shares gained after China unwrapped its boldest set of economic and social reforms in nearly three decades on Friday.
Jindal Steel And Power Ltd gained 4.2 percent, while Hindalco Industries Ltd ended 4.4 percent higher.
Financial Technologies (India) Ltd rose 2 percent, adding to Monday's 20 percent gains, after the company said its unit will sell its stake in SMX to ICE Singapore Holdings Pte Ltd for $150 million.
Jet Airways (India) Ltd gained 2.9 percent after Tail Winds Ltd, a private investment arm owned by the carrier's promoter and chairman Naresh Goyal, sold about 7.9 percent of its 75 percent holding in Jet for around 2.10 billion rupees ($33.6 million) on Monday.
Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd gained 3.1 percent on widespread market speculation that the company was considering a share buyback, according to traders.
However, among stocks that fell, state-run Power Grid Corp of India dropped 1.4 percent on share-supply fears ahead of its sale of shares. The share sale, valued at about $1.2 billion, is likely to open on Dec. 3.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Dollar falls on Fed view, euro up before German ZEW
* Brent slips to near $108 ahead of Iran nuclear talks
* Investor caution halts share rally, dollar softens
* Foreign institutional investor flows