BSE Sensex flat, telecom shares fall
* Likely candidates for banking licences gain a day after RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha told local television news channels the central bank will issue final guidelines on new bank licences before the end of March.
* The guidelines had been expected, and dealers say the comments confirm there won't be any significant delays.
* Among these candidates, IFCI Ltd shares gain 2.4 percent, Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services Ltd rises 1.8 percent, and Shriram transport Finance Co Ltd is up 1 percent.
* However, mobile operators fall after wireless broadband airwave holders were allowed to provide voice services by paying additional fee, a move that is seen benefiting 4G licence holder Reliance Industries Ltd, but leading to more competition in the sector.
* Bharti Airtel Ltd shares fall 1.8 percent, Idea Cellular Ltd is down 1.7 percent.
Be the first to comment.