BSE Sensex falls 140 points, Nifty sheds 37 pts in early trade on profit-booking
FACTORS TO WATCH
* The budget session of Indian parliament begins.
* India's auction of quotas allowing foreign investors to buy bonds attracted solid demand, reflecting expectations that the central bank will cut interest rates and that the government will deliver a fiscally disciplined budget. FINANCIAL/REGULATORY
* US private equity firm TPG Capital is to sell part of its stake in Indian commercial vehicle financier Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd to raise about $300 million, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
* The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has said in a draft report that there were serious irregularities, flouting of government norms and undue financial benefits to the private player in the Delhi airport Metro link.
* State-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp, along with Bharat Petroleum Corp and Mitsui Group of Japan, will invest about $1 billion (approximately 54 billion rupees) to set up a five-million tonne (mt) liquefied natural gas terminal (LNG) in Mangalore.
* The newly constituted cabinet committee on investment (CCI) granted its first big-ticket approval, clearing the 120 billion rupees North Karanpura power project of NTPC that had been stranded for more than a decade as power and coal ministries bickered over its location.
* Oil and Natural Gas Corp's over 80 billion rupees development of western offshore B-193 cluster fields will be
Be the first to comment.