Sensex down 17 pts, Nifty by nine today with ITC, Bharti Airtel shares top losers
* India plans to cut its fertiliser subsidy bill by at least 15 percent for the fiscal year 2013-14, four sources told Reuters, a move that takes advantage of a fall in international prices to help narrow the country's fiscal deficit.
* The government may raise the excise duty on sugar output and levy a moderate export duty if it decides to lift controls on the commodity, said a food ministry official.
* Hindalco Industries expects production to start at its Utkal and Mahan plants by April, Managing Director Debu Bhattacharya told reporters after announcing December quarter results on Friday.
* NTPC wants to reduce its coal imports from 10 percent of its annual fuel requirement to keep production costs under check, its chairman said.
INFRASTRUCTURE / INDUSTRIAL
* IVRCL Ltd is close to selling three of its road projects to Tata Realty and Infrastructure Ltd in an attempt to retire debt and replenish equity funds to help it take up new projects, according to four persons familiar with the development.
* The GMR Group has held exploratory talks with Airports Authority of India for a partnership to jointly develop airport projects overseas, two people with knowledge of the development said.
* Bharat Forge Ltd October-December net profit fell 53.9 percent to 475.2 million rupees from a year earlier.
* Cipla Ltd has
Be the first to comment.