Bharti Airtel shares fall on 3G roaming concerns
* The DoT also has said Bharti must pay a penalty of 3.5 billion rupees ($65 million), the source said.
* A Bharti spokesman did not have immediate comment.
* The government last year barred wireless service providers from offering 3G roaming services outside their areas of service, but a court halted the execution of the order.
* Mobile companies in India own 3G licenses only for specific areas of the country and often have agreements with other wireless providers to provide roaming services outside of those areas.
* Shares of Idea Cellular, which is also involved in the dispute related to 3G roaming pacts, down 1.2 percent.
Be the first to comment.