English Premier League clubs spent a record 835 million pounds ($1.38 million) on players during the summer transfer window, almost twice as much as any of Europe's other top leagues.
A study by football finance expert Deloitte shows gross spending in England's top league was up more than 30 percent on the previous record of 630 million pounds ($1.04 million) set in 2013.
Deloitte says Spain was second-highest of the so-called ``big five'' divisions in Europe, with an outlay of 425 million pounds ($700 million).
The Colombian striker joins Manchester United on loan from Monaco for around
The versatile Dutch defender moves to United from Ajax for a fee of 23 million
The England striker and a United academy product was sold to Arsenal for 26 million
The Spain striker sealed a loan deal from Manchester City to Valencia
MAJOR SUMMER TRANSFERS
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
* Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid to Manchester United) - 99 million
* Alexis Sanchez (Barcelona to Arsenal) - 57 million
* Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid to Chelsea) - 52 million
ITALIAN SERIE A
* Diego Lopez (Real Madrid to AC Milan) - Free
* Fernando Torres (Chelsea to AC Milan) - Loan
* Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United to Inter Milan) - Free
SPANISH LA LIGA
* Luis Suarez (Liverpool to Barcelona) - 124 million
* James Rodriguez (Monaco to Real Madrid) - 104 million
* Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich to Real Madrid) - 39 million
* Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid to Bayern Munich) - 13 million
* Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund to Bayern Munich) — Free