Australia shares seen cautious ahead of US data
* Local share price index futures rose 5 points to 4,850, a 28.78 point discount to the underlying S&P/ASX 200 index close. The benchmark fell 0.4 percent on Thursday to break a 10-day run of gains.
* New Zealand's benchmark NZX 50 index was down 0.1 percent to 4,248.64 in early trade.
* US stocks ended lower on Thursday on a mixed bag of economic data gave more reasons for investors to be cautious ahead of the January jobs report. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 0.36 percent to 13,860.58.
* Copper dipped on Thursday, retreating from a 3-1/2 month peak as investors waited on data from the United States and China to gauge the outlook for demand. Gold fell nearly 1 percent.
* Mining stocks could find support after the US ADRs of BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto both rose 1 percent.
* Wall St eases after mixed data
* Brent crude futures settle higher, post month gain
* Gold down almost 1 percent after failing to rally
* Copper retreats after touching 3-1/2 month peak
Be the first to comment.