- Idea Cellular gives undertaking to Supreme CourtBharti Airtel suggests new formula to calculate spectrum usage chargesSupreme Court thumbs up to spectrum auction, refuses relief to Vodafone India, Bharti Airtel, Loop MobileSupreme Court rejection of relief for telcos to fire up auctions starting today
from less than 64 per cent a year (Trai figures).
The number of telecom players which at its peak was 277 at the end of December 2012 had shrunk to 179 and the process is on.
* Feb 2, 2012: Supreme Court cancels 122
licenses of 22 operators
* Mar 5, 2012: Centre files review petition in SC to review spectrum allocation policy
* Apr, 2012: Trai orders on new spectrum reserve price is criticised by telcos
* Aug, 2012: Supreme Court extends deadline for auction to Jan, 2013
* Nov, 2012: No bidders for CDMA
* Dec, 2012: Sistema Shyam Teleservices asks DoT to protect its investment
* Mar 4, 2013: No applicants for spectrum auction in 1800 and 900 MHz
* Sept, 2013: Trai recommends drastic reduction in spectrum reserve prices
* Dec, 2013: Cabinet approves the formula. Date set for February 2014 auctions