86 pct of Indian employees prefer to sharpen their corporate skills through mobile devices: Skillsoft survey

Nov 26 2013, 18:12 IST
Comments 0
Indian employees prefer to sharpen their corporate skills through mobile devices reports Skillsoft. Reuters Indian employees prefer to sharpen their corporate skills through mobile devices reports Skillsoft. Reuters
SummaryOnly 46 pct of organizations surveyed in the country provide the employees with this option.

Indian employees prefer to sharpen their corporate skills through mobile devices reports Skillsoft, a cloud based learning solutions provider. In a survey conducted by them among Indian companies across 20 sectors, revealed that 86% of the employees in India prefer to access corporate learning on their mobile devices. However only 46% of organizations surveyed in the country provide the employees with this option. The other 54% of respondents from organizations have deferred the implementation of mobile learning, cited network integrity and security as the prime barriers to adoption.

The survey reported that organizational budgets over the last two years had increased compared to the tightening of budgets across the rest of the Asia Pacific region. 74% of respondents reported that skills gained from learning programs had a direct positive impact on their work performance; while 81% were able to effectively apply the skills gained from these.

“The report has shown that both decision makers and learners are keen for more learning opportunities, and the elearning market is set to grow,” said Glenn Nott, Vice President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Skillsoft. “Decision makers need to evaluate their learning programs to ensure that learner engagement remains high, budgets are worked to suit the diverse needs of learners, and that learning investments are clearly aligned with strategic business goals. Skillsoft is poised to meet the needs of both decision makers and learners with our comprehensive suite of cloud based learning solutions.”

100 businesses and organizations across 20 industry sectors were covered. Organizations from IT/ technical services and education/training represented 42% of the data collected while other major verticals included BFSI and manufacturing apart from others.

Ads by Google

More from Jobs

Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...