2G case: Witness says acted on Behura orders
The witness, A K Srivastava, former DDG in DoT’s Access Services Cell, told Special CBI Judge O P Saini he did not record “inconsistencies” between the January 10, 2008 press release and the January 7, 2008 policy note because Behura had told him to “immediately” put out the release, which had been approved by then telecom minister A Raja.
“I was not given the file, that is why I did not process it on the file. But I orally informed Behura about the inconsistencies before he noted in the file that the amended press release has been released,” he said.
Srivastava, however, said though Behura did not give him the file, he was “broadly” aware of the policy decisions. He also said he had not revealed this information to the CBI. Srivastava, who will again be cross examined Friday, denied the allegation he alone had decided to set up four counters to give out Letter of Intent to telecom firms. The CBI, in its first chargesheet on the case had said the “ill conceived” move to set up four counters to distribute LoIs was a “mockery” of the first-come-first-served
Be the first to comment.