may cost you more and you might not get the proper customer support that you require.
* Always remember to avail of the applicable income tax benefits.
* Ask as many questions as possible. Your inquisitive nature will make you certain about the opportunity you are getting into. Question and seek advice from friends who have taken similar home loans.
* Some banks/financial institutions offer incentives or other freebies with their loan package. Do enquire about them.
* What’s the interest rate?
* Basis of EMI calculation- daily, monthly or annual
* Reputation and quality of service
* Other applicable fees- what are they?
* Is pre-payment option available? Is there a penalty involved?
- By Brijesh Parnami
(The author is CEO - Distribution, Destimoney Enterprises Private Limited. The views expressed here are author's own)