BlackBerry has finally brought out an update that fixes a lot of bugs and adds features that were missed in earlier versions of its BlackBerry 10 OS. The new version 10.2.1 makes it easier to do a lot of things and brings the operating system at par with other OS. Here are 10 features that are good enough for you to go ahead with the update when it becomes available on your device in the coming days.
1. It is now easier to receive or reject a call. The new call screen lets users swipe to the left to answer or swipe right to ignore a call.
2. You can now respond with a message. Along with the regular option of respond to calls through SMS or email, you can now see if a call is coming from a user who has BBM app and send a BBM message too.
3. The BlackBerry Hub is now much more customisable and can show only unread messages, flagged messages, draft messages, meeting invites, sent messages or Level 1 Alerts which override silent settings.
4. Everyone has been able to do this for years, but now BlackBerry users will also be able to create SMS and email groups to broadcast messages.
5. Windows does it as simply as possible, but the new BlackBerry picture password adds another level of security by using a combination of pictures and numbers. To unlock, users have to drag the grid so that the selected number overlays the particular point on the image.
6. Quick Settings Menu, which is often the first port of call for fixing an issues, can now be customised to add more features. The menu also includes a toggle that lets you instantly switch between your Personal and Work sphere.
7. Users can now decide to which source the contact has to be synced. Works really well for people who want to segregate work and personal contacts.
8. There a quite a few Android apps that do this, so the Device and Battery Monitor is not really new. The feature lets you check battery status as