‘Boards differ, not basics of math & science’
Established in1920, the Anglo Urdu Boys’ High School has a glorious history of over 85 years. In 1927, the school was shifted to its present building constructed on part of the 23 acres bought from donations of the late Haji Gulam Mohd Azam, a great social worker.
During the tenure of the first headmaster KB Hidayatullah, the school scaled great heights. The standard of education was matched by few schools. The all-round development of students was considered an inseparable part of education at the school. To this end, various extra-curricular activities, sports and games were organized right from the beginning. The cricket team of the school is still dreaded by many of its rival teams. Initially, the school had only Urdu Medium classes and the young men of the community were considerably deprived of the knowledge of English which is essential to today’s education. This prompted the management to start parallel English medium classes from class 5 to 10 in 1971. Consequently the school now has English medium classes from class 5 to 12. Around 1,750 students of different castes and communities receive education in the medium of English. The school has also introduced electronics and computer courses to enable students to come up to the expectations of the changing times. The school staff is computer literate and computer education is made a compulsory subject from class 5 to 12.
We have arts, science and commerce streams in junior
Be the first to comment.