IRTC ewallet tatkal booking: In a bid to make railway ticket booking easy, Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) had some time back started a scheme, called eWallet. As the name suggests, IRCTC eWallet is an online eWallet scheme that allows users to deposit money in advance with IRCTC, which can be used while booking train tickets in the future. This is an additional payment option that can be used by a customer apart from the existing payment options available on IRCTC.
One of the main advantages of the IRCTC eWallet scheme is that it is hassle-free and ensures secure transactions. It also saves one’s precious booking time by eliminating the payment approval cycle. You also get the benefit of saving Payment Gateway charges per ticket, and can manage the account online. Moreover, dependency on a specific bank is reduced, as when any of the provided banks go offline, you can still book tickets from your IRCTC eWallet account.
Salient features of IRCTC eWallet are:
User Authentication: IRCTC eWallet users will be verified and authenticated through their PAN or Aadhaar in an online verification process.
Secured Access: IRCTC offers secure booking through IRCTC eWallet by providing Transaction Password/ PIN Number that is required to be entered for every booking done through the IRCTC eWallet.
Complete History: The user is provided with a separate link, namely IRCTC eWallet, that offers IRCTC eWallet transaction history, IRCTC eWallet payment history & change transaction password options.
Easy Refund: In case of a ticket cancellation, the due refund will be credited to your IRCTC eWallet account the next day.
Seven easy steps to register and book ticket through the IRCTC eWallet:
1. Login to IRCTC with your existing IRCTC user ID and password.
2. Click the “IRCTC eWallet Registration” link under the IRCTC eWallet Section on the “Plan my travel” page.
3. Complete the verification process by providing PAN or Aadhaar and other details.
4. Deposit one time registration fee of Rs 50 (inclusive of service tax) online with any of the available payment options.
5. Membership fee and redemption is subject to change at the discretion of IRCTC.
6. Credit the IRCTC eWallet account with the minimum deposit of Rs 100 and top up with the required booking amount. The maximum amount permitted in the user’s account is Rs 10,000.
7. When you are booking a train ticket, select IRCTC eWallet option which will be displayed along with other banks and make a payment.
Important Points to note:
Registration Fee: Rs 50 (non-refundable)
Transaction Charge: Rs 5 per transaction
No cash refunds / No redemption allowed.
The IRCTC eWallet balance can only be used for booking railway tickets.
(With inputs from the IRCTC website)