In order to achieve the target of Aadhaar seeding, Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has instructed its regional offices to put in place adequate number of Aadhaar capturing desks.
- The EPF has made it mandatory to provide Aadhaar card as KYC document. Linking Aadhaar details with UAN is a safe mode of verifying the details of each employee efficiently.
- Seeding of Aadhaar with UAN works as proof of identity and proof of address and reduces the duplicacy of accounts.
- The software for capturing the Aadhaar for the existing subscribers will be launched in the first week of April. The captured Aadhaar details of subscribers will be populated to to the central server. Then it will be processed for matching with the member details database.
You May Also Want To Watch:
- The matched data of members will be accepted and seeded. The unmatched data will be submitted to the respective field offices to take a final decision.
- For transfer of money from PF account to the bank account, Aadhaar number is a necessary document to verify and validate the identity of the employee.
- On verification of Aadhaar and PAN, money from PF account is transferred into employee’s savings account.
- The Aadhaar number issued by UIDAI is one of the important KYCs being seeded to extend a number of services.
Seeding and attestation of Aadhaar data is important in the current coverage and enrollment drive undertaken by EPFO and payment of benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Paridhan Rojgar Protsahan Yojana schemes.