The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty closed in green on Tuesday after the Reserve Bank of India reduced the key interest rates by 25 basis points. Sensex closed 91.26 points up at 28334, while Nifty settled 31.05 points up at 8,769. Other Asian peers also closed higher on Tuesday after oil futures surged to a multi-week high overnight and as the yen weakened against the dollar on data suggesting the US manufacturing sector grew better than expected in September.
Below are 10 stocks that remained in news on Tuesday:
1) HPL Electric: HPL Electric shares made a disappointing debut on bourses and listed nearly 6 per cent down at Rs 190 on NSE against the issue price of Rs 202. On BSE, the scrip got listed at Rs 190.05. Later, the scrip closed 6.28 per cent down at Rs 189.30 on NSE and 6.41 per cent down at Rs 189.05 on BSE.
2) Hero MotoCorp: Hero MotoCorp reported an 11.24 per cent jump in sales at 6,74,961 units in September. It sold 6,06,744 units in September 2015. The scrip closed 0.24 per cent up at Rs 3,531.55.
3) Wockhardt: Drug firm Wockhardt said the US health regulator has excluded Ceftriazone Sodium from import alert issued earlier against its active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing facility at Ankleshwar. Shares of the company closed 2.95 per cent up at Rs 920.80.
4) Rate-sensitive stocks: Rate-sensitives BSE Bankex, BSE Realty and BSE Auto index closed higher after the Reserve Bank of India cut key interest rates by 25 basis points.
5) Manali Petrochemical: Manali Petrochemical surged over 9 per cent after it announced an acquisition of UK-based Notedome for about Rs 120 crore.
6) Dhampur Sugar: Dhampur Sugar Mills in its meeting held on October 3 considered and approved acquisition of 4,28,400 equity shares of DETS Limited (constituting 51 per cent of equity share capital of DETS) @ Rs 33 per equity share of the company. Shares of the company closed 2.63 per cent up at Rs 124.90.
7) Usher Agro: Usher Agro informed bourses that the company had received notices for winding up petition file against company by CFSIT Inc. USA for recovery of their outstanding dues of Rs 654.81 crore with interest at the rate of 12 per cent per annum as per advance payment & supply contract. PT Bank Maybank Indonesia Tbk, Mumbai for recovery of their outstanding dues of Rs 177.82 crore with interest @16.4 per cent per annum. The above petitions are merely file, but not admitted. Shares of the company settled 7.78 per cent down at Rs 10.07.
8) Piramal Enterprises: Sebi imposed Rs 6 lakh fine on five entities including Piramal Enterprises, its chairman Ajay Piramal as well as his wife Swati and daughter Nandini for lapses on insider trading control in connection with the sale of domestic healthcare business to Abbott. The scrip ended the day at Rs 1894, 0.60 per cent lower than the previous close.
9) Manpasand Beverages: The company approved allotment of 7.1 mln shares via QIP. Shares of Manpasand Beverages settled 1.37 per cent up at Rs 773.05.
10) VST Tillers: The company’s September total sales figures stood at 2,440 units. Shares settled 1.27 per cent up at Rs 1,940.