Samsung Electronics on Monday unveiled its new product offerings with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book at the Mobile World Congress and outlined a series of measures it has undertaken to “enhance” product safety following the probe into faulty phone batteries, that had led to a global product recall last year. The two new offerings Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book are aimed at providing consumers with enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity. The company is yet to divulge the details about availability of these new devices in India as well as the pricing of the two offerings.
Speaking at the launch event on the eve of inauguration of Mobile World Congress 2017, David Lowes, chief marketing officer, Samsung Electronics Europe said, “The past six months have undoubtedly been one of the most challenging periods in our history. We did not meet the high standards of quality and excellence, we set for ourselves and consumers have come to expect from us.”
Lowes said that the company is determined to learn “every possible lesson” and that it recognised that consumer trust can only be earned by action not words. Lowes, however, did not specifically name the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones, that had caused a global recall last year over exploding batteries. He said that the company has implemented a broad range of processes to further enhance product safety, including multi layer safety measures, and an 8-point battery safety check.
“We have also formed a battery advisory group comprising of external advisors, academics and research experts. The aim of this group is to maintain a clear and objective perspective of battery safety an innovation,” he said. As the South Korean company reassured its customers of the steps it has taken to ensure safety of its devices, it also announced the family of 5G mobile network products and solutions for 2017.
You might also want to see this:
These products include consumer devices for fixed wireless access connectivity, a 5G Radio Base Station (a 5G access unit), and core network infrastructure amongst others. Meanwhile, Samsung also offered a teaser video for the much-awaited launch of a new smartphone– widely believed to be its next flagship smartphone and Galaxy Note 7 successor, the Galaxy 8. The company, however, did not divulge any details about the launch, slated for March 29.
(Travel for this report was sponsored by Samsung Electronics)