The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty ended the day on a flat note amid mixed global cues. Sensex closed 5.25 points up at 26,402, while Nifty settled 3.70 points higher at 8,092.30. After making a cautious start, markets traded in tight band with domestic bourses altering between green and red terrain for most part of the session amid global turmoil after Britain decided to exit the European Union in a historic referendum on June 24. Despite bout of volatility in last leg of trade, markets snapped the session with marginal gains. Sentiment got some support with India Meteorological Department’s Pune centre report that the monsoon has bounced back emphatically and is on track for a strong run in the weeks ahead, cheering farmers who were rattled by the unexpected lean patch with rainfall 25% below normal in mid-June. The monsoon is expected to reach Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and parts of Rajasthan in a few days. Other regions of the country, which the monsoon has covered, are going to get good rainfall in next five days
Below are 10 stocks which remained in news today:
1) ARSS Infrastructure Projects: Shares of the company surged 20 per cent after it informed bourses about a work order amounting to Rs 44.04 crores namely ‘Jagdalpur -Koraput Doubling Project- Execution of Earthwork in formation, Minor bridges, Protection works and other allied works from Km. 263.300 to Km.223.500 of Kotpar Road (Excluding) – Charamula kusumi (Including) – Khadapa (Including) – Dhanapur (Including) – Jeypore (Including) – Chatariput (Including) section in connection with KK line doubling of WAT Division, East Coast Railway’ is awarded by East Cost Railway on June 23, 2016, in favour of one of Joint Venture (JV) i.e. ARSS-BMS (JV).
For more: STOCK MARKET COVERAGE
2) Tata Sponge Iron shares jumped nearly 4 per cent after it informed bourses that it has received a letter of intent (LOI) from Eastern Coalfields, a subsidiary of Coal India. It has been declared the company as a successful bidder for award of 24,000 tpa of coal at a notified price (winning premium is zero). The price would be reviewed by Coal India on a half-yearly basis.
3) Vedanta: Sesa Iron Ore, a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources Inc, expects to make all its mines operational in Goa post monsoon. Shares of Vedanta surged over 3.50 per cent on Monday.
4) Adani Enterprises, the flagship company of the Adani Group, said that it has raised Rs 150 crore through issuance of non-convertible debentures on private placement basis. Shares of the company gained 1.68 per cent to Rs 75.45.
5) Diagnostic services provider Dr Lal PathLabs is looking at around 18 per cent revenue growth this fiscal year as it undertakes initiatives to expand number of tests offered and its network across India. Shares of the company jumped 2.26 per cent to Rs 836.40.
6) Wind turbine maker Suzlon Group announced the completion and commissioning of its 4.20 MW maiden wind project for Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation. Shares of Suzlon gained 1.49 per cent to Rs 17.
7) State-owned lender Bank of Baroda has undertaken a comprehensive review of its business and has finalised a detailed set of plans to fundamentally reposition it for future, Chairman Ravi Venkatesan has said. Bank of Baroda gained 3.33 per cent to Rs 151.85.
8) Aban Offshore: Aban Offshore shares gained over 3 per cent on Monday on reports that a unit of the company has received a contract from ONGC for the deployment of drillship Aban Abraham for a period of 2 years.
9) MEP Infrastructure Developers shares surged nearly 8 per cent intraday on Monday after it informed bourses the company in Joint Venture (JV) with Sanjose India Infrastructure & Construction has received the Letter of Award (LOA) from NHAI.
10) Dr Lal PathLabs shares gained on Monday after the company said it is eyeing to attain around 18 per cent growth in its top-line in the ongoing financial year 2016-17