The BSE Sensex closed 66.51 points down at 27,984.37, while NSE Nifty settled 18.80 points down at 8,659.10. In the BSE Sensex, Wipro, Lupin, Adani Ports, Gail and Power Grid gained between 1.07 per cent and 2.75 per cent. On the other hand, ITC, ICICI Bank, Hero MotoCorp, HUL and State Bank of India slipped between 0.81 per cent and 2.57 per cent.
2.55 pm: Sensex was down 64 points at 27,986.
2.06 pm: Sterling Tools shares gained after the company informed bourses that its Board of Director will meet on Nov 5 to consider stock split of equity shares. The scrip was trading 12.92 per cent up at Rs 993.85. Sensex was down 7 points at 28,043.
1.36 pm: Auto major Tata Motors has increased prices of its passenger vehicles by up to Rs 12,000 across models to offset rising input costs. Shares of the company were trading 1.22 per cent down at Rs 546.80.
1.35 pm: Nihar Info Global has entered into franchising development agreement with Think Ventures, a subsidiary of Think Tankers Innovative Solutions. According to the agreement, Think Ventures shall appoint franchisees to B2B e- Commerce platform of Nihar Info Global throughout India.
1.18 pm: Sintex Industries were trading higher on news that Prominent Plastics has raised its stake in the company. The scrip was trading 0.30 per cent up at Rs 82.80.
12.58 pm: Sensex was down 102.79 points at 27948. Nifty was trading 30.20 points down at 8,647.70.
12.54 pm: Aarti Industries has reportedly diversified into toluene-based derivatives this year by setting up 30,000 tonne per annum (TPA) greenfield capacity at Jhagadia (Gujarat). The project, which is expected to commence operations in second half of FY17, will achieve capacity utlisation of 25-30 per cent in FY17 and 70-80 per cent in FY19. The company is expecting to generate revenue of Rs 350-400 crore over the next three-four years from the project. Shares of the company were trading 0.76 per cent up at Rs 745.35. Sensex was down 97.24 points at 27953.64.
11.40 am: In order to set up two milk processing facilities, along with expansion of existing facilities and marketing, Hatsun Agro Product is reportedly planning to invest around Rs 850 crore during FY17 and FY18. It will set up two milk and curd processing unit one each at Dharapuram in Tamil Nadu and Ongole in Andhra Pradesh, as part of capacity expansion before March 2018. It is also looking at more active bulk coolers and milk collection centres to be established during current and next fiscal year. Shares of the company were trading 0.40 per cent up at Rs 353.10.
11.25 am: Sensex was trading 55.77 points down at 27995.11. Nifty was down 15.65 points 8,661.50.
10.43 am: Sensex was down 40.67 points at 28010. Nifty was down 11.25 points at 8666.65. In the Nifty 50 index, BHEL, Gail, Idea Cellular, Wipro and Sun Pharma were down between 1.67 per cent and 4.64 per cent. On the other hand, ITC, ICICI Bank, Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors DVR and Hero MotoCorp were down between 1.09 per cent and 1.80 per cent.
10.07 am: Meanwhile, shares of Endurance Technologies listed at a premium of 21 per cent at Rs 572 against issue price of Rs 472. Sensex was down 31.39 points at 28019. Nifty was down 9 points at 8,668.
9.36 am: Engineers India (EIL) and Cochin Shipyard (CSL) have joined hands for design and construction of small scale LNG carriers. This initiative, under the ambit of ‘Make in India’ programme, aims at joint design and building small-scale LNG carriers. Both the companies have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the same. Shares of Engineers India were trading 0.29 per cent up at Rs 263.50.
9.20 am: Sensex was trading 11.75 points up at 28062. Havells India shares were down 0.14 per cent at Rs 430.55. The company on Tuesday reported a 21.96 per cent rise in standalone net profit at Rs 145.79 crore for the quarter ended September 30, on improved margins across all product categories.
9.15 am: The BSE Sensex opened 61.48 points, or 0.22 per cent, up at 28112.36, while Nifty opened 19.60 points, or 0.23 per cent, up at 8697.50.
Domestic equity markets are likely to open higher on Wednesday tracking global cues. Benchmark BSE Sensex surged 521 points on Tuesday and Nifty surpassed the psychological level of 8,600 on account of buying in frontline blue chip counters amid robust global cues.
Below are 5 things you should know before market opens on Wednesday:
1) Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX Nifty) was trading 14.50 points, or 0.17 per cent, up at 8682.50 in morning trade, indicating a positive start for domestic equity markets on Wednesday.
2) Asian peers held early gains on Wednesday as a barrage of Chinese data confirm the economy had stabilised on the back of government spending and a hot housing market, even if worries about debt continue to mount. Nikkei and Shanghai were trading higher by 0.19 per cent and 0.27 per cent in the early trade.
3) On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average index gained 75.54 points, or 0.4 per cent, to 18,161.94 on Tuesday. Standard & Poor’s 500 index advanced 13.10 points, or 0.6 per cent, to 2,139.60. The Nasdaq composite index gained 44.01 points, or 0.9 per cent, to 5,243.84.
4) Results today: Tata Coffee, RBL Bank, KPIT, Hindustan Zinc, Gujarat Foils and ABC Bearings will announce their financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 on Wednesday.
5) Shares of auto components maker Endurance Technologies will list on bourses today. The IPO, which opened for subscription from October 5-7 was oversubscribed 44 times at a price band of Rs 467-472 per share.