Dr Lal Pathlabs, which made a strong debut on the bourses on Wednesday, is the only pure play listed diagnostic company in India. Share price of the company opened over 30 per cent above its issue price of Rs 550. Dr Lal’s IPO also was a big success as well with 33.41 times over-subscription.
After the success of Dr Lal Pathlabs, we take a look at some companies which are the only listed ones in their category and track their performance since their listing.
1. Talwalkars Better Value Fitness (TBVF): TBVF is one of the largest fitness chains in India offering a diverse suite of services including gyms, spas, aerobics and health counseling under the brand “Talwalkars”. The company made a stock market debut in May 2010 at Rs 138. The issue price of Talwalkars was at Rs 128. The share price of the company surged over 87 per cent from its list price till December 22. On a year-to-date basis, the share price fell over 11 per cent till December 22.
2. Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX): The only listed exchange in India entered BSE and NSE in March 2012 at a listed price of Rs 1,387. The issue price of MCX was Rs 1,032. The public issue of MCX was also a big success as it was subscribed 56.70 times. In 2015, the share price of MCX surged 74 per cent to Rs 856.40 till December 22. The scrip was trading around 17 per cent down from its issue price at present.
3. Syngene International: Syngene is the only listed contract research firm in the country. Established in 1994, Syngene was India’s first Custom Research Organization to receive special export status by the Government of India. Syngene listed on the bourses on August 11, 2015 at a listing price of Rs 295. The issue price of Syngene International was Rs 250. From the list price , the share price of the company advanced 31.55 per cent to Rs 388.10 till December 22.
4. Jubilant Food Works: Jubilant FoodWorks is the only listed quick service restaurant in India. Since its listing at Rs 161.60 in February 2010, the company’s stock price has increased more than 10 times its issue price. The issue price of Jubilant Food was Rs 145. In 2015, Jubilant FoodWorks gained 4.18 per cent to Rs 1,426 on December 22. Jubilant FoodWorks was incorporated in 1995 and initiated operations in 1996. The company and its subsidiary operates Domino’s Pizza brand with the exclusive rights for India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
5. SKS Microfinance: SKS is the only microlender that is listed in India. The lender listed on bourses in August 2010 at Rs 1,036 with an issue price of Rs 935. The share price of the lender gained 18.38 per cent in the ongoing calendar year till December 22. At present, the scrip is trading around 48 per cent down at Rs 489.15 from its issue price. Recently, the company announced a 100 basis points (bps) reduction in lending rates and claimed that no micro lender in the world offers sub-20 per cent interest rate to borrowers.