Benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty rallied for the third consecutive day on Wednesday, with the 30-share index surging over 109 points to end at a fresh 13-month high of 28,452.17 on sustained fund inflows. The 50-share index Nifty closed 41.85 points up at 8786.20.
Below are five things you should know before the market opens on Thursday:
- SGX Nifty was trading 11 points down at 8833.50, indicating a flat start of domestic equity markets with negative bias.
- Asian peers were trading marginally in green in the morning trade. Hang Seng and Nikkei were up by 0.27 per cent and 0.14 per cent, respectively.
- On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average index closed lower by 53.42 points, or 0.29 per cent, at 18,400.88. The S&P 500 settled 5.17 points down at 2,170.95. The Nasdaq Composite closed down 9.77 points, or 0.19 per cent, at 5,213.22.
- Auto stocks will remain in focus as auto companies will announce their August sales figures on Thursday.
- BPCL reported 11 per cent year-on-year rise in net profit figures for the quarter ended June 30, 2016. Navkar Corporation will announce its financial results for April-June period on Thursday.