UPSC ESE 2018 engineering services exam notification: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced 588 vacancies for Engineering Job aspirants under various posts at upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in. According to the notification, the preliminary examination is scheduled on 7th January 2018. Candidates who are interested should apply before 23 October 2017 (6:00 pm). The examination is also popularly known as IES 2018. The examination will be conducted across 42 cities in the country.
Here is how to apply for UPSC ESE 2018 exam:
1. Go to the official website- to upsconline.nic.in.
2. Click on the link Engineering Services Examination.
3. There will be two parts – Part I and II.
4. Read the instructions carefully and click on yes towards the bottom of the page.
5. Fill your required details like age, qualification etc.
6. In part II registration, pay the exam fees, select examination centre, upload photograph and signature.
7. Then click on Submit.
Here are the details of 588 vacant posts of UPSC ESE 2018 exam:
Category I- Civil Engineering.
Category II- Mechanical Engineering.
Category III- Electrical Engineering.
Category IV- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
Age Limit for UPSC ESE 2018:
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 01st August 2018 (he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1988 and not later than 01st August 1997). The upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Govt.
Educational Qualifications for UPSC ESE 2018:
1. A candidate must have obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956; or
2. Passed from the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Govt. for the purpose from time to time; or
3. Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
4. Passed Associate Membership Exam Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
5. Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.