UPSC 2018 Civil services: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is expected to release the official notification for Civil services examination 2018 soon at upsc.gov.in. Candidates who wish to apply for the same can visit the official website of UPSC as soon as the official notification has been released. Meanwhile, candidates can check the below-mentioned details to get a glimpse of what lies ahead. Candidates need to note that the applications are invited for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available to them. Mentioned below are the details that candidates need to know about UPSC civil Services Examination 2018.
UPSC 2018 Civil services examination: Important dates-
- Online application process starts- Last week of February 2018
- Last date for online application form submission: Mid-March 2018
UPSC 2018 Civil services prelim: Plan of Examination-
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages (vide Appendix I Section-I)
(i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above
UPSC 2018 Civil services Examination: Eligibility Criteria-
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2018
- The candidate must hold a degree from a recognised institute or university
UPSC 2018 Civil services Examination: Selection process-
- The candidature of candidates to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions
- Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission
- The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
Note: Candidates need to note that the above-mentioned data is according to the UPSC civil services 2017 notification. The latest notification is yet to be released by UPSC.