Naukri Job Speak Index for the month of August 2015 recorded a 13% increase in hiring activity over August 2014 and stood at 1665. Banking and Financial Services (BFSI) recorded the maximum increase in hiring activity, as mentioned above, followed by Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, IT Software, Telecom and Media and entertainment industries. While hiring activity in Auto and ancillary stabilised, the hiring activity in Insurance sector continued to witness a decline in the Aug;15 index as well. Among the metros, Hyderabad recorded the maximum Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity followed by Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi and Chennai.
V. Suresh, Executive Vice President and Chief Sales Officer, Naukri.comsaid, Job market seems to be moving north sustaining the momentum gained over the first 4 months of this financial year with an impressive 13% YOY growth in August. This growth is led by sectors like IT, Banking and Pharma and we can expect the other sectors to pick up in the next few quarters. Looks like exciting times are ahead for jobseekers.
Industry wise Analysis:
As mentioned above, BFSI witnessed the maximum Y-o-Y growth in hiring activity. Following that,
– Healthcare and Pharma industries recorded a 26% and 13% Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity respectively in the Aug;15 index
– IT software and IT Hardware industries witnessed a 13% and 3% Y-o-Y growth in hiring activity respectively
– The Telecom and Media and entertainment sectors witnessed a spike of 9% and 7% respectively in August 2015 in comparison to August 2014
– On the other hand, the Insurance sector once again saw a year on year decline in hiring activity, to the tunes of 10%
City Wise Analysis:
All metro cities registered an increase in hiring activity in August 2015 in comparison to August 2014
– Apart from Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune recoded a Y-o-Y increase in hiring activity to the tunes of 19% and 15% respectively in the Aug;15 index
– Bangalore saw a Y-o-Y increase of 13% in hiring activity and Chennai and Delhi recorded an increase of 10% in hiring activity for the same period
– On the other hand, hiring activity in Kolkata remained stagnant in August 2015 as compared to August 2014
Functional Area Analysis:
Apart from the growth in demand for Advertising/PR/Marketing professionals as mentioned above,
– The demand for professionals in Pharma grew by 18% in August 2015 over August 2014
– The demand for ITES/BPO professionals registered an Y-o-Y upward movement in hiring activity by 13% in the Aug;15 index
– The demand for professionals working in Banking/Insurance, however, saw a Y-o-Y decline of 4% in August;15 index
Naukri.com, India No. 1 job site and the flagship brand of Info Edge introduced the concept of e-recruitment in India. Since its inception in 1997, Naukri.com has seen continued growth while outperforming its competitors in every sphere. Info Edge was the first internet Company to be listed in India. The site enjoys a traffic share of 71% as per recent ComScore data. Naukri.com is a recruitment platform that provides hiring-related services to corporates/ recruiters, placement agencies and to job seekers in India and overseas. It offers multiple products like Resume Database Access, listings and Response Management Tools. With more than 1,80,000 jobs live at any point and over 43.3 million CV, Naukri.com serviced over 57,500 corporate clients in 2014-2015. The company employs over 4000 people and operates through 48 offices in 31 cities in India and overseas offices in Dubai, Riyadh, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain catering to the Middle East market.