The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched a mobile app called the Exam Centre Locator (ECL) app for students of Class 10 and 12 who are preparing to appear for their board examination starting tomorrow. The class 10 examinations will end on April 10 while the class 12 exams will continue till April 29. With the help of this app, students will be able to find their exam centre with the help of their roll number. Candidates can simply enter their exam roll number and accordingly the ECL app will locate their centre and show the exam centre on images with accordance to the geographical location. The information about a total of 4000 CBSE Board exam centres is available in this app.
According to a senior official of the board, “A student can easily find the address, images and geolocation of the designated exam centre on the map and get to know how to reach there.” As of now, the app is only available on the Google Play store.
Steps to download the CBSE ECL App:
- Students who wish to download the Exam Center Locator app can follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Go to the Google Play store
- Write ‘CBSE Exam Center Locator (ECL)’ in the search box
- Once the app opens up, click on install
Know how the CBSE ECL app works:
- After downloading, register your mobile number to receive an one time password
- After receiving the OTP, click on confirm and log in to the app
- Select Class 10 / Class 12 and enter your roll number
- After entering your roll number, you will be able to view the information sbout the address and image of the exam centre
- The app helps to locate the centres with the help of GPS