The CAT 2014 (Common Admission Test) results were declared on Saturday. The CAT 2014 test decides who gets admission to 19 Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs), which also includes six new ones, plus other business schools for next academic year.
The CAT 2014 results spelled great news for all those who scored well to get into the premier educational institutes, but for some it brought an incredible tide of joy as they had scored 100 percentile.
The number of students who achieved that amazing feat are 16, with 15 boys and one girl – Neha Manglik. This was actually a doubling of 100 percentile achievers from the 8 who managed it last year.
CAT 2014 convenor Dr Rohit Kapoor said: “We are still to confirm how many of those who scored 100 percentile are from IITs, but at least 3-4 must be from there.”
The rush to access their results by students had crashed the website with the total number of hits actually crossing 100,000 within a short span of time the scores were unveiled, which was at 7 p.m.
But even as tens of thousands of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) aspirants rushed to check their scores, many were left disappointed for a long time as, instead of their performances, the website kept throwing up either a blank page or an error message.
Glitches were expected due to the expected rush, but authorities had promised that these would be sorted out or minimised, but that did not happen.
That there will be a rush for the IIM website was clear as some 1.7 lakh students had appeared for the CAT 2014 examination and all of them would be in one big hurry to find out what fate, and their own hard work, had ordained for them.
Officials, in the days leading up to the declaration of results had said that this time around there would be an error-free experience for the students.
CAT 2014 was organised by Indore-based Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
On the basis of results, admission will be given in 13 existing and six proposed IIMs beside other B-Schools. Admissions are likely to be given in over 3,500 seats this year.
Important Notes on CAT 2014:
* The CAT 2014 results declared on 27th Dec, 2014 (Saturday, 7 pm).
* To access the CAT 2014 result, candidates to log in with their registered ID and password.
* Official Website: http://iimcat.ac.in/
* For any doubt and queries on CAT 2014, call the CAT Helpline Number 011-40360360
* The Government of India has decided to open six new IIMs, one each in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
* CAT 2014 will also include the Registration option for these new IIMs. They are likely to commence their academic session from 2015-16.
* A total of 1,96,951 candidates had registered for CAT this year and 1.7 lakh candidates appeared for it.
* The test was held on November 16 and 22 at 354 centres in 99 cities across the country.
* A notice has been issued by the institution to candidates informing them about IIM Kashipur offering a Fellowship Programme in Management. The statement also says a separate advertisement will be released by IIM Kashipur in due course. Those students interested can apply in response to the ads.