Apple’s mega event to launch the new iPhones and other products is to take place on Wednesday, September 7 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco. To ensure a wider public can tune in, Apple will live stream the event on its website. From colour of the iPhone 7s to their waterproof status, all of them have been speculated about, but the picture has been drawn too clearly by the tech giant to leave any clues behind. Though with the time of the launch nearing, speculations are running wild about the specifications and the new upgrades in the phones. The new set of iPhones is most likely to be called the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
The iPhone 7 could be a significant upgrade and it would help Apple gain market share across countries. Data from Strategy Analytics shows the Cupertino, the California-based giant has been losing market share to Samsung over the last three-quarters. A report by Kantar Worldpanel shows Samsung was leading the market in the US with a 16% share in the premium segment to Apple’s 14.6%. Some of that could change if the iPhone 7 turns out to be a hit; while the iPhone 6Plus had a new form factor, some of the models were only incrementally better than the previous ones.Though the battery hiccups faced by the Samsung Note 7 is most certainly an unexpected boost for the company. Meanwhile, Youtube Channel EverythingApplePro has gone viral due to its regular updates about the Apple event and the products that are to be launched. Everything ApplePro, on September 4, reported that KGI analyst Ming-Chi Cow was back from a hiatus just before the biggest tech event of the year and provided some very valuable information. According to EverythingApplePro, the iPhone 7 will have the same design as its predecessors; the camera bulge, the lack of antenna bands but more importantly the headset jack is said to be missing. The new iPhone will be much thinner and would have an actual speed of 2.4 GHz A10 chip, which is quite and impressive speed in terms of numbers. There has been growth in previous iPhones too, with every upgrade. For instance, there has been a growth of 65 bits in multicores, but as far as GHz upgrades are concerned, this is the biggest upgrade from an older phone to a new phone. we are looking a 550 MHz increase from the Apple iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7.
Apple’s iPhone 7 launch: Watch the “leaked” specs here
Here are few of the specifications mentioned in the video:
- The iPhone 7 Plus is also rumoured to be receiving 3GB of RAM
- In terms of storage, the 16GB internal storage has been shown the door. The memory storage is likely to start at 32GB, and go on to 56GB and 128GB, according to the prices of the phones.
- EverythingApplePro also backed Ming-Chi Cow’s report that the iPhone will me made available in 2 different colours; the dark black and the piano black.
- It is also rumoured that all the screen technology from the iPad pro wold be migrating two new iPhone 7. Though the new display improvements would no go further on the resolution side. The users will be seeing the new true tone display feature which puts new sensors on the top of the display. So the user’s surrounding ambience will dictate the colour temperature of their phone.
- The new display is also likely to support the P3 colour gamuts, which are only available on the iMax, the iPad Pro. The camera is said to remain at 12 megapixels, though it is said to have optical zoom.
- The camera might also have a light field application. Even the flash on the rear of the phone is said to have 2 LEDs; 2 for cooler and warmer colours and 2 for flash. So the user would be able to take better pictures in the low lightening areas.
Yes, the iPhone 7 would bring you a little close to having a DSLR in the pocket.
There are also two different rumours flying about two similar things; the lightening earpods and the lightening airpods. It seems that it comes as a part of the package but has to be selected while ordering the iPhone on the site. there will also be an adapter in the package for the wired earpods.
It also clarified rumours about Dual speakers by saying that the other one might just be for the show. We are definitely getting better sound but from just one speaker. however it might also be an improved forced controller, so there might be an entire sensor in that spot to improve the 3D touch on the display. So we might be getting a 2nd generation 3D touch. A new proximity sensor might also come in with the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus which would help to recognise hand gestures.
The new iPhones have i PX 7 rating, which makes them somewhat water resistant, though they are yet to achieve Samsung’s level. Though the phone would not have any dust resistance. Though it must be noted, that Apple never reveals any of its specifications before the official launch, and so users will have to wait for a little while longer.