It is very difficult to pinpoint a single smartphone that features all the stuff to make it a marquee product. Several things go into making a smartphone truly smart. These include, quality of the material used, performance and design. As this list talks about the best of the best, so price consideration becomes a secondary factor. What counts the most is the awesome feeling you get when you handle any one of these 10 beauties. This list of top 10 smartphones in 2015 is not based on any order as each user will feel differently about the features available in these smartphones. As such, the list is based on the overall performances of these devices.
1. Sony Xperia Z3 Plus: – If there is one company in the world that is known for innovation, then it is Sony. This company has produced some of the best smartphones in the market. Its flagship product called Xperia Z3 Plus ticks all the right boxes to become one of the best-looking top smartphones in the market. The company has made this all-metal handset water-proof & dust-proof and provided it with a truly fantastic X-reality engine along with a 5.2 inches TRILUMINOS touchscreen made out of premium shatterproof glass. This smartphone runs on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OS and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor (Quad-core 2.0 GHz + Quad core 1.5 GHz) mated to 3GB of RAM. The smartphone offers an internal storage space of 32GB, whereas the external memory is expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card. It features a remarkable 20.7MP primary camera and houses a big 2,930mAh battery to provide it with enough juice. This handset also allows you to play your PS4 on it with the exclusive remote player app.
2. HTC One M9:- HTC’s One M9 is the worthy successor of its earlier famed model One M8. This amazingly designed smartphone in an all-metal chassis brandishes a 5-inch full HD scratchproof display. Running on the latest Android Lollipop OS, this powerful smartphone is powered by a great combination of Snapdragon 810 processor with 3GB of RAM. Featuring a 20.7MP (rear) and 4MP (front) cameras for shooting videos and selfies, One M9 also houses a high-quality external Boom Sound speakers to give you an amazing audio experience. Talking of storage space, HTC One M9 offers an internal memory of 32GB with external memory expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. To enable this resource crunching smartphone to work for long hours, it is equipped with a gigantic 2,840mAh battery.
3. Apple iPhone 6 Plus: – No list of top smartphones is complete unless it has the name of Apple iPhone on it. The latest Apple iPhone 6 Plus is an amazing piece of design in aluminum and glass, which is superbly reinforced by top of the line features. The super-cool 5.5-inch quad HD display of this smartphone renders top quality images. To give tremendous user experience, it is provided with the latest iOS8 and is powered by a great combination of A8 processor and M8 motion co-processor with 1GB RAM. For taking good shots or recording videos, it features an 8MP camera at the back and a 4MP snapper at the front to satisfy the appetite of selfie-addicts. To power Apple 6 Plus, Apple has equipped it with a powerful 2,915mAh battery. Memory options available in the handset are 16GB, 64GB and 128GB.
4. Samsung Galaxy Note 4:- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 carries on the amazing legacy of the Samsung Note series on its slim shoulders quite lightly. It sports a big and brilliant 5.7-inch quad HD Super AMOLED display and runs on the latest Android Lollipop OS with TouchWiz UI on the top. The internal memory of the device is 32GB and one can expand the memory externally using a microSD card of size up to 128GB. To take amazing shots, Galaxy Note 4 boasts of two shooters; one of them is a 16MP autofocus rear camera and the other is a 3.7MP front facing camera. Power to this massively built device is provided by a 3,220mAh battery.
5. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: – This uniquely designed handset from Samsung has created quite a buzz in the market. Sporting a 5.1 super AMOLED quad HD display along with twin secondary side displays, it is powered by a Snapdragon (2.1GHz + 1.5GHz) octa-core processor coupled with 3GB RAM. In the memory department, the device offers the choice of 32GB and 64GB, but there is no microSD slot available. The company has provided it with the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Smasung TouchWiz UI layered on top. One of them is a 16MP rear camera and the other is a 5MP front camera. Powered by a 2,550mAh battery, the smartphone features dual curved screen that makes it one of the most beautifully designed smartphones of the market.
6. LG G4:- Although, LG has not been able to make a grand success like the other Korean electronics giant (i.e. Samsung), it still gifted us with some amazing looking smartphones that can easily find a place in the top 10 smartphones list. LG G4 is the flagship smartphone from the stable of LG that sports a 5.5-inch quad HD IPS display. This smartphone is powered by a superb combination of 3G RAM with 1.44GHz quad-core Cortex A53 and 1.82GHz dual-core Cortex A57 processors and runs on the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Internal storage space available is 32GB with microSD card slot for expanding memory up to 2TB externally. It features a 16MP primary rear camera and an 8MP wide angled secondary front camera. Powered by a 3,000mAh Li-ion battery, the smartphone has the power to beat its competitors with a high score.
7. One Plus One:- This Chinese smartphone though sold as a mid-priced smartphone, comes with enough features to make itself count in the top rated smartphones list. Sporting a 5.5-inch full HD display, it runs on the Cynogen 12 OS and comes with 16/64GB of memory options. It is using a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor to perform multi-tasking smoothly and without any lag. For taking photos, it houses two cameras; one of them is a 13MP rear camera and the other is a 5MP front camera. To provide adequate power, it houses a 3,100mAh Li-Po battery.
8. Motorola Nexus 6:- This handset easily finds its place of pride in the list of top 10 best smartphones in the world because of its exciting features. These features include a massive 5.96 inches quad HD touchscreen, 13MP rear camera with IMX 214 imaging sensor, 2MP front snapper, Bleutooth v.4.1 LE and 4G LTE connectivity. Ably powered by 2.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor and running on the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, this smartphone provides storage options of 32GB and 64GB with 3GB of RAM. Featuring a wide gamut of connectivity options and a 3,220mAh Li-Po battery, this is one of the most uniquely designed smartphone.
9. BlackBerry Leap: – Armored with the highest standards of security to protect the privacy of users, BlackBerry Leap gets the competitive edge over its rivals due to its minimalistic design and modern features. It supports top of the line hardware and software features like a 5-inch HD touchscreen, 4G LTE network support and a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM 8960 processor with 2GB RAM. Running on the latest BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, it is a well designed smartphone with an internal storage capacity of 16GB. It also accommodates a microSD slot that allows memory expansion of up to 128GB externally.
10. Motorola Moto Droid: – Motorola, after its buyout by the Chinese computing giant Lenovo, is slowly regaining its position in the market. In the last couple of years, it has launched amazing smartphones that offer cutting edge technology, wrapped in impressively designed handsets. Among many phones it released recently, the name of Motorola Moto Droid is worth mentioning. This top end smartphone is made out of premium ballasting nylon material that makes it durable as well as gives it a premium look. It sports a 5-inch quad HD AMOLED display protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and runs on the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS. It boasts of an amazing 21MP autofocus primary camera placed at the back and an average 2MP camera embedded at the front primarily for taking selfies or to conduct video chats. Packed with a whole range of connectivity features, this smartphone is powered by a very capable 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 along with Adreno 420 GPU and 3GB of RAM. It is available in 32/64GB storage options.