In a first, the global search engine major has launched the Google Pixel smartphone priced in India at Rs 57,000 and it is all set to take to take the fight to Apple iPhone. First impression indicates that Google Pixel has the premium hardware, but it is software that it really excels in. In fact, Google launched 5 hardware products including the Pixel priced at $649 and the Pixel XL priced at $769. Google Pixel is one of the most awaited smartphones as this is the first phone that the company has made – inside out. Earlier, it preferred to partner other established companies to bring out its phones – the Nexus. The response to the device will be keenly watched as it is being seen as an Apple iPhone as well as Samsung Galaxy Note7 killer.
Whether it does that or not will depend on how good the phone is in terms of technology, but most of all how useful users find it. It has its task cut out as both Apple iPhone and Samsung have established a huge dedicated consumer segment. Also, Apple iPhone is on top in terms of premium perception and quality. Knocking these 2 out will be a big challenge for Google as it is not perceived, at the moment, by consumers as a producer of spectacular products even though its search engine is omnipresent. It needs to translate that dominant Internet presence into smartphone sales now. Can it do it? Nexuses have been popular, but not that much.
Google Pixel price in India is Rs 57,000 and will be available for pre-order starting October 13th 2016 on Flipkart and 1,000 plus retail stores with retail partners including Croma and Reliance Digital, Vijay sales among others. The first 6 countries where Google Pixel will be launched includes India.
Check out here the top 10 points about Google Pixel smartphone:
1. Google Pixel smartphone is available in two sizes, 5″ or 5.5″. Colour options are restricted to 2 – Very Silver and Quite Black. Pixel has curved edges and is smooth to touch and fits well in the hand. Pixel surface is made from aerospace-grade aluminum unibody.
2. Google Pixel smartphone is first handset that has a built-in Google Assistant. So, you can ask questions and order it to do things. “Ok Google” order will crank it up or else a user can touch and hold the Home button to start. For instance, if you want to locate a cafe nearby just say, “OK Google, where is the nearest cafe?” After that tap the mic and say “remind me to leave for coffee with Zoya at 7 a.m.”.
3. Google Pixel smartphone camera is the highest rated smartphone camera by DxOMark Mobile. The smartphone has a DxoMark Mobile score of 891. Google Pixel’s camera functions well even in bright light, low light, or any light. #Nofilter needed. With Smartburst, users can take rapid-fire sequence of shots as they happen. Users can also make faces glow with new exposure controls.
4. Google Pixel smartphone has unlimited online storage for photos and videos and that too stored at full resolution in Google Photos. All you have to do is take the photo and Google Photos keeps it backed up, and searchable, so that it can be shared fast.
5. Google Pixel smartphone has a feature called Google Duo that allows one-tap video calling. This new, simple video calling app brings the user face-to-face with whoever s/he calls. This feature works across Android and iOS1, and so video call can be made to everyone. And, best of all, with the Knock Knock feature, a user will see a preview of the caller before s/he picks up
6. Google Pixel smartphone feature Pixel Imprint unlocks the handset fast. It is the unique fingerprint of the user to unlock the phone fast. It is located at the back of the phone and enables quick access to apps, texts and emails. After unlocking, swipe down on the fingerprint sensor to see all notifications.
7. Google Pixel smartphone packs a battery that not only charges fast it also lasts all day courtesy a hardware and software combo. For a quick charge, in just 15 minutes, a user can get up to 7 hours of battery life.
8. Google Pixel smartphone can be personalised with a Live Case, with a matching live wallpaper or Live Case designed with Google Earth and Google Trends. Also available is a Pixel Case by Google, built for protection and which features bright and bold colours.
9. Need help with Google Pixel smartphone? The handset gets Google support from an expert and it is just a tap away. So, all you need to do is open the Settings app and tap the Support tab. If needed, an expert will walk the user to a solution step-by-step .
10. Switching to Google Pixel smartphone is simple as the user can easily transfer contacts, photos, videos, and music. All the user needs to do is connect the current phone to the new Pixel with the Quick Switch Adapter to transfer content.