Apple Watch Series 2 was announced with a better, faster, processor and swim-proofing. Apple Watch Series 2 is packed with incredible fitness and health capabilities including a water resistance 50 meter rating for swimming and built-in GPS so users can now run without an iPhone. Apple Watch Series 2 also features a dramatically brighter display and a powerful dual-core processor. Combined with the performance enhancements of watchOS 3, Apple Watch Series 2 makes it even easier to access third-party apps, receive and respond to notifications. Below are five things that you can do with the new Apple Watch Series 2:
1) Swimming: Apple Watch Series 2 is rated water resistant 50 meters for swimming, surfing or just playing in the pool. “For swimmers, Apple developed all-new algorithms after hundreds of hours of research for two new workout options, pool and open water. Apple Watch Series 2 can count laps, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn,” an apple release said.
2) Outdoor workout: With built-in GPS, Apple Watch Series 2 records precise distance, pace and speed for outdoor workouts such as walking, running or cycling, without needing to take an iPhone. Users can begin an outdoor workout immediately as Apple Watch Series 2 uses Wi-Fi, GPS and locally stored satellite data to quickly identify their location. On completion of an outdoor workout, view a route map that shows variations in speed in the Activity app on iPhone. Whether running, going for a swim or walking between meetings, the Activity app on Apple Watch Series 2 counts all daily activity towards the Stand, Move and Exercise rings.
3) Relaxation and stress reduction: watchOS 3 features significantly improved performance that makes it even simpler to launch favorite apps instantly, either from the watch face or with the new Dock, which displays the latest information already updated in the background. New fitness and health capabilities include the breakthrough Breathe app, designed to encourage users to take a moment in their day to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction. The Activity app now includes the ability to share, compare and compete, keeping friends and family motivated. There is also a customized experience for wheelchair users to close their Activity rings, in addition to dedicated workouts.
4) More personal: Apple Watch is even more personal with new watch faces including Minnie Mouse, Activity and Numerals. Simply swipe edge-to-edge to swap out a new watch face and with the new Face Gallery in the Apple Watch app on iPhone, it’s even easier to customize watch faces and discover third-party apps.
5) Apple also announced a partnership with Nike for a special Apple Watch Nike+ edition that is designed for runners. It will use Siri to start a run and give you just the data you need on the screen.
It also looks a stunner. While the Series 2 has been priced at $369, the older version is now called Series 1 and has a $269 price tag. Interestingly, the Series 1 will now feature the dual core S2 processor. Also, with watchOS 3, the Apple Watch will now be much more feature rich than before, and bring in new elements like the wheelchair mode. The Apple Watch Series 1 will be priced Rs 23,900 in India, while the Apple Watch Series 2 will be available for Rs 32,900. The new Ceramic version is a stunner, but has a really steep Rs 110,900 price tag. The Apple Watch Nike+ has a price of Rs 32,900,