Apple iPhone, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X were announced along with Apple Watch Series 3 and a new 4K Apple TV on September 12. The iPhone X is the flagship smartphone for Apple while iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are the successors to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus which were released last year. Compared to the changes being made in the iPhone X, both iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus have minor changes. However, with the festive season around the corner users will be looking for the best option to get their hands on the smartphone.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
1. iPhone 8 and iPhone Plus will hit the Indian market on September 29. The smartphones will be available on all the major e-commerce sites, leading phone dealers and Apple authorized resellers. Interestingly, to have a head start users can pre-book iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus on Amazon India. The notification is on the official website, but the pre-bookings are yet to start. These will start on September 22.
2. In India, the iPhone 8 will be priced at Rs 64,000 for the 64GB storage variant and Rs 77,000 for the 256GB variant. On the other hand iPhone 8 Plus will cost its buyers Rs 77,000 for 64GB and Rs 86,000 for 256GB.
3. The new iPhones come in three colour variants which are Gold, Silver, and Space Gray.
4. Both the iPhones will be upgradable to iOS 11. Interestingly, both iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be shipped with iOS 11 out of the box. Apple has already announced that iOS 11 will be available to download on September 19.
5. Like their predecessors, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus sports 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screens. But as compared to its predecessors the company has improved the displays. Both are Retina HD displays and also feature Apple’s True Tone technology. They now come with a slightly revamped design, notably a glass back and a new gold finish. The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also come with Apple’s faster A11 Bionic chip which features six cores. As expected, the new processor will be faster than the old A10 chip found inside the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
The new glass design also means both the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus can be charged through wireless charging. In contrast, both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were launched without the wireless charging support. The new iPhones are designed to take advantage of augmented reality applications. Like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the new iPhones are IP67 dust and water resistant.
6. The battery life on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus is smaller as compared to iPhone 7, according to a listing on TENAA, China’s version of FCC. As compared to iPhone 7’s 1,960mAh battery, iPhone 8 is powered by a 1,821mAh battery. The iPhone 8 Plus has a battery of 2,675mAh, in comparison to the iPhone 7 Plus’ 2,900mAh.