1. Yu Yureka smartphone priced at Rs 12,499 on Amazon: Why I will not pay

Yu Yureka smartphone priced at Rs 12,499 on Amazon: Why I will not pay

By: | New Delhi | Updated: February 14, 2015 8:59 AM
Yu Yureka, Yu Yureka price, Amazon, Amazon Yureka sale, Yureka flash sale

Yureka is available only on Amazon, that through a flash sale every Thursday.

After I read all the reviews of the budget smartphone Yu Yureka, I was convinced that this is the smartphone I wanted to buy.

Since, Yureka is available only on Amazon, that through a flash sale, I had to be in an online queue like other buyers and wait for lady luck to smile. February 12 was my second time on this virtual Amazon queue. During the first attempt, I was unable to buy as I could not add the phone to my cart.

This time, on first attempt, I again failed in adding it to my cart after I was privileged enough to get on to the 15-minute wait list from the time the sale goes live every Thursday at 2 pm. At 2.15 pm, I got notification that the phone is available and I had three minutes to add it to cart and 15 minutes to check out. I did. But what happened next was shocking, even though I knew it had happened to hundreds of people before me.

I added the Yureka to my cart, at the price of Rs 8,999. But when I went ahead to checkout the product, the price increased to Rs 12,500. Even at the launch, the phone was priced at Rs 8,999. Not Rs 12,500. So there is question of a discount that did not go through.

It is more strange that this is happening with one of the top online retailers in the world and not some fly by night e-trader.

I decided not to go for the phone at the price of Rs 12,500 even if Amazon might have returned the extra amount charged.

I think the Yureka is a good phone at Rs 8,999, not at Rs 3,500 more. I have better options at that price point. can get much better phone around the price tag of Rs 12,500. I can pick up the Micromax Canvas Nitro or  Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G or wait for the Asus Zenfone 2, which is set to release in India soon.

Yu Yureka, Yu Yureka Amazon

Micromax Yu Yureka comes with 2GB RAM and is 4G supported smartphone.

But I can’t get why Amazon and Yu would let this anomaly continue on for so long. I am certainly not the only person who did not go ahead with the purchase because the price is not what it should be.

We have contacted Amazon.in for their version. A response is awaited.

Get latest news and updates on Auto Expo 2018, check breaking news on Budget 2018, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

1. Billy Varghese
    Feb 14, 2015 at 10:31 am
    I had thevsame issue in the first flash on 13/01. I was on waiting list and booked as soon as a unit was available but price changed to Rs 12499 due to a glitch on Amazon. I paided and later cancelled the order. I complained to Amazon on Twitter. They apologised and offered an exclusive on 28th for all those who were affected by the price glitch. I got mine for Rs 8999 through that . They would have done the same in your case too
    1. Jayasankar
      Feb 14, 2015 at 12:25 pm
      I got it for my friend. Simple within 10 mins s is done and phone was Delivered to my Friends's address. Once bitten twice shy-amazon is now careful in this. First remember there are nearly 50000 login to buy the phone allover india. and no of phones sold is just 10,000. It is natural some may not get. But once you write to amazon to return you money , your Money will be credited within 5 working days. SO do not blame Amazon Just like that. They are much much technically stronger company than Snap deal or Flip kart.
      1. Guru Dutt
        Feb 13, 2015 at 5:29 pm
        I also tried both Thursday 5 and 12... Same case for me on 5 not lucky on 12 got lucky in wait list but the most upset thing after going further it showed no delivery to my city.. It's shocking for me that my city Allahabad is one of the biggest city of uttar pradesh and I get delivery from snapdragon and flipkart.. And get both my moto X and moto G from flipkart and Amazon do not have courier partner to deliver in Allahabad.. It's kind of limiting the growth of Amazon... And yu.. As few frnds of my goes to red me note 4g on flipkart yesterday because of Amazon bugs... me too ordered that today.. And this Amazon yu will must give boost to red me note 4g..
        1. G
          Girish
          Feb 13, 2015 at 6:23 pm
          Its because you are an ...Though It will show a price of 12,499, during checkout, you get a promotional discount of 3,501 which is 8,998. I had paid 99 Rs. for next day delivery which was not deliverd... Amazon promptly reverted that cash as 99 Rs. Gift voucher...I have bought this phone twice and never paid a paisa more that Rs. 9100 (99 more for next day)...If you don't know the proper scenario, don't just write for the sake of writing because you couldn't meet your deadline...
            varsha
            Feb 20, 2015 at 8:09 am
            Amazon shud not take the advantage of its monopoly!! Custome are the king of market.. They should realize this fact and not play wid their desires..
            1. Vishal Issar
              Apr 3, 2015 at 1:01 am
              after adding to card and when i proceeded to check it the price was 12500 but i continued and after checking the price was discounted to 8999 as it should have been so it wasn;t much of a problem.