1. Airtel takes on Reliance Jio: ‘Surprise’ offer to give 30GB of free data; here’s how to avail

By: | Published: March 14, 2017 4:19 PM
airtel surprise, airtel surprise offer, airtel jio, reliance jio airtel, airtel offer, airtel free data, airtel free data offer, free data offers, airtel reliance jio, airtel deals, airtel broadband, airtel fixed broadband, broadband offers, wired broadband, network, trai, telecom, telecom news, Bharti Airtel, Telecom War in India, reliance jio, reliance, jio, reliance jio tariff plans, reliance jio fibre tariff plans Airtel ‘Surprise’ offer: The monthly limit for the offer is 10GB per month. The offer is valid only for postpaid users, and the subscribers will get 10GB of free data each month, which will total up to 30GB. (Image: Reuters)

Airtel has finally revealed what its Suprise offers are, by offering 30GB of free data. The Airtel Surprise offer is valid for a period of three months from March 13. The monthly limit for the offer is 10GB per month. The offer is valid only for postpaid users, and the subscribers will get 10GB of free data each month, which will total up to 30GB. The deadline for users to avail this offer is March 31.

In order to get this offer, postpaid subscribers will have to go to the MyAirtel application on their smartphones. If you do not have the app, download it from the Google Play store or Apple app store. When you open the app you will see an automatic prompt which asks you to open the ‘surprise. Clicking on that will give you 30GB of data for three months, with a monthly cap of 10GB. Once you select it, you will get a message regarding the additional data offer.

You may also want to watch:

This offer by Airtel is similar to what Vodafone offered in 2016. But Vodafone’s offer was 10GB data at the price of 1GB. But Airtel Surprise offer is free of cost. Airtel earlier had the Infinity plan under which there was an option of 3GB data at a price of Rs 345. The pack offered free calls to any network in the country and 4GB data (1GB regular pack benefit and 3GB free data). For postpaid users, there was an offer to get free 3 GB data per month with all MyPlan Infinity Plans. The Rs 549 Infinity plan will be offering unlimited calling and also 6GB data per month including the 3GB free data plan. The regular plan includes free voice calling (Local + STD), free SMS and subscriptions to Wynk Music and Wynk Movies. Customers need to access the MyAirtel App to avail the offer.

Also read | Reliance Jio Prime/Non-Prime offers vs Airtel, Vodafone and Idea: Whose tariffs are better?

Ever since Reliance Jio announced its plans in India, there has been an interesting tariff war among telecom companies, where many of the rivals like Airtel and Vodafone have accused it of disrupting the market. In order to compete, rivals Airtel, Vodafone, and Idea have also announced several offers.

Rachit
    Mar 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm
    I registered 2 days back and got the benefit. Airtel has credited 10 GB food this month to my account and it is visible in the airtel app
    1. G
      Gangadhar
      Mar 15, 2017 at 6:10 am
      I got 30GB of 4G data which is 10GB per month but after that my data is not working and showing only 2g network
      1. B
        Bob
        Mar 14, 2017 at 3:05 pm
        Pls verify b4 posting, I'm a postpaid from 15 years, but never got such offer from airtel, even till date, this is fake news
        1. Ajay Konale K
          Mar 15, 2017 at 8:27 am
          So we get data only for 3 months. How ridiculous. Being postpaid customer they should have given this offer for 1 year. I am quoting Airtel for jio.Airtel total waste expect for speed
          1. Aun Ahmed
            Mar 14, 2017 at 12:34 pm
            I tried 'claiming' this offer, after clicking I waited only to see the page 'expire'- twice. Such is the 4G service in India.And the public & telcos are in a mad rush
              Pradeep Reddy
              Mar 15, 2017 at 1:40 am
              Its true and we are getting free data of 30 GB.. I have three airtel postpaid and all them have got the 30 GB surprise free data claim.
              1. G
                Giriraj
                Mar 15, 2017 at 12:31 am
                This is trueEnjoy the 4g net
                1. I
                  ishfaq raina
                  Mar 15, 2017 at 2:36 pm
                  i switched off airtel because by jio
                    Jabaresh
                    Mar 15, 2017 at 3:09 am
                    I am A Airtel Postpaid Customer for Past 15 Years , I have not received any such Offer, I have Subscribed for 499 Infinity New Airtel Postpaid Plan as well and my Airtel App.
                    1. jitendra kumar
                      Mar 14, 2017 at 2:45 pm
                      It's not a 100% correct ad by Airtel. I am using Airtel postpaid under corporate scheme and offer is not available.
                      1. K
                        Kaushik
                        Mar 14, 2017 at 7:08 pm
                        Hi All,yes this is true and I received the offer on my 2 airtel post paid numbers..
                        1. Kiran B
                          Mar 15, 2017 at 4:16 am
                          On my airtel app u can avail it
                          1. Kiran B
                            Mar 15, 2017 at 4:17 am
                            On my airtel app u can avail it
                            1. K
                              krishna
                              Mar 14, 2017 at 6:14 pm
                              I got only 6GB, 2 per mo nth... or thats what it said, i'll know after 24 hrs
                              1. K
                                krishan Kumar
                                Mar 14, 2017 at 4:20 pm
                                I just subscribed this fee offer and same has been confirmed by Airtel through SMS. No fraud.
                                  Ranganathan
                                  Mar 14, 2017 at 3:39 pm
                                  No. It is true. I got it now
                                    Rahul Bramhankar
                                    Mar 15, 2017 at 5:47 am
                                    Not very true. Airtel is offering same old plans. They have this offer of 1.5gb data for hundred rupees. They are offering same to most of the customers. My monthly rental is around 650rs per month. I get 820mb 4g data. That's shame in these days world. I thought aurte will mend it's ways Afetr recent developments and offer good plans to existing customers. but no. I guess it's time to look for other operator's.
                                      Rahulsk
                                      Mar 15, 2017 at 6:52 am
                                      I have received 30 GB data for free.
                                        suresh
                                        Mar 14, 2017 at 6:25 pm
                                        i am also corporate user, i got the same 10GB, it is showing in AIrtel app-Data Balance--
                                          suresh
                                          Mar 14, 2017 at 6:24 pm
                                          no brother, i also thought same abt AIRTEL, but this time really they given this offer...we should say thanks to JIO :)
                                            sumit
                                            Mar 14, 2017 at 2:15 pm
                                            fraud...daylight fraud by airtel. They just want users to download their app...and charge 100 rs.Where is free data. This news agency and airtel should be sued