1. Airtel Rs 399 recharge vs Reliance Jio Rs 399 plan: 1GB per day and unlimited calling plan

Airtel has come up with a new Rs 399 offer for its customers. Reliance Jio already has a Rs 399 plan which offers 1GB data per day and unlimited calling.

By: | Published: September 1, 2017 7:21 PM
Airtel Rs 399, Reliance Jio Rs 399, Jio Rs 399, Airtel 399 plan, Jio 399 plan, jio airtel, jio airtel war, reliance jio airtel, reliance jio data war, Reliance Jio Infocomm, Jio, Bharti Airtel, Trai, misleading ads, tariff ads, 4G connection, 4g, 4g data, telecom, telecom war, telecom news, jio news, airtel news, airtel offers, reliance jio offers, jio offer, airtel misleading, jio airtel misleading, jio accuse airtel, tariff plans, tariff rates, jio tariff, airtel tariff, 4g handsets, 4g phones Airtel takes on Jio with new Rs 399 plan. (Source: IE)

Airtel has come up with a new Rs 399 offer for its customers. This offer is valid only for prepaid users. According to the new tariff, prepaid users can avail 1GB data per day for a period of 84 days at Rs 399. Apart from the data offers, Airtel will also provide unlimited calls (both local and STD) on all networks under this Rs 399 plan. This offer appears to be a direct effort by Airtel to take on rival Jio, as the latter has an almost similar plan. According to Airtel website, the offer is applicable only on 4G handsets with 4G SIMs. Moreover, the website clarifies that the Rs 399 offer is not valid for special, commercial or enterprise purposes and cannot be clubbed with any other plan. The offer details are available on Airtel.in website. Airtel has been challenging Jio with many new data offers. Apart from that, it is also planning to bring out a new Rs 2500 4G phone to take on the JioPhone.

Reliance Jio Rs 399 plan: When it comes to Reliance Jio, users can avail a Rs 349 plan, which gives with 20GB 4G data for a period of 56 days. Jio also has a Rs 309 plan under which users can get 1GB data per day. This recharge pack is valid for a period of 56 days. But most importantly, for the sake of comparision, Reliance Jio has the Rs 399 plan. Under this tariff plan, subscribers can avail 1GB data per day, and it is valid for 84 days. So, essentially, Jio, under the Rs 399 plan is giving 84 GB data for its users. Meanwhile, voice calls and SMS will always be free on the Jio network. For users interested in the Jio plans, have to pay a sum of Rs 99 to get the Jio Prime Membership. This membership is required to avail the recharge plans.

Also read | JioPhone delivery pushed to this date: know when you will get the Reliance 4G feature mobile

Since Reliance Jio announced its latest tariff plans for 4G data, other companies like Airtel have been coming up with their own recharge packs. While Jio’s Rs 399 plan got the most traction as it offers 84GB data for 84 days, similar plans have been unveiled by the rival network service providers. Most recently Airtel updated its Rs 399 plan, where it was offering 70 GB of data. But now it will provide 84 GB for its subscribers.

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

1. H
    Oct 20, 2017 at 8:49 am
    I have subscribed to Jio Prepaid data Plan - 1 Gb per day. I GB data as every one knows is 1000MB a huge amount. Unfortunately I keep getting a message from Jio stating that I have exhausted data even after a few minutes use. Is Jio trying to fraud customers by false promises - offering 1GB per day exhorting money from customers and actually throttling down the consumption at a much lower usage. If you think I am write please send it to your friend so that Jio could be made aware of this malpractice. Thanks
    1. gurudeep bhoir
      Sep 2, 2017 at 11:03 pm
      Airtel is still better. I am currently on 399 pack with 84 days validity good internet speed. In case of jio you have to pay 99 399 rs Where 99 rs for jio prime membership.
      1. N
        Sep 2, 2017 at 10:29 pm
        Airtel gives false plan , Airtel not provided free call for 84 days, he gives only 3000 min for 84 days. Same 3000 min for 28 days, unlimted free call for 84 days not provided by airtel.
        1. T
          Sep 2, 2017 at 3:21 pm
          Though Gio Airtel 399 are similar, small difference with SMS Services. Expect SMS also from Airtel
            Rajesh Jangra
            Sep 2, 2017 at 2:50 pm
            Airtel 399 plan is providing 28 days insteed of 84 days, they are providing selected customers those are likely to left Airtel
              Akhilesh Payasi
              Sep 2, 2017 at 12:21 pm
              Airtel make us fool completely. This offer 399 1GB/Day does not appear on . They only promote on ads to confuse users for do not port to Jio. I feel ashamed on airtel. Very soon i will port all my family members to jio.
                DINESH KUMAR MAURYA
                Sep 2, 2017 at 12:11 pm
                airtel could not compiled with JIO because JIO is the best with respect to AIRTEL. JIO has more plan facilities like 100 SMS per day,unlimited calling,84 GB data but has only unlimited calling(3000 minutes),84 GB data.after end the plan of JIO,you can operate WHATSAPP and facebook without recharge at week speed.So JIO is the best option with respect to AIRTEL.
                1. B
                  Biswajit Deb
                  Sep 1, 2017 at 7:53 pm
                  I upgraded to Airtel 4g whereas my sister is using Jio... comparatively, Airtel 4g 399 recharge is worse... everytime I click a link or google something. First it will go offline and then after a few seconds it will reappear in the status bar. This happens for every click and the speed I am getting is as dat of 2g. Doubting some technical issue I lodged a complaint in 121 which they commited to resolve within 24 hrs. Today is the 11th day n I am still facing the problem. Airtel ppl hav also started billing us for value added services we never activated. This is the reason why my sister switched to JIO. I am just waiting for the validity of my 399 to get exhausted, after that even I will Port to JIO. Let me know if u want the proof of wat I said. I cn make a video of the pathetic Airtel service.
                    DINESH KUMAR MAURYA
                    Sep 2, 2017 at 12:18 pm
                    yes your right move because Airtel is spending thier money at adverti t instead of service.