1. Tech Mahindra MD and CEO CP Gurnani pay hits Rs 150.7 crore mark

Tech Mahindra MD and CEO CP Gurnani pay hits Rs 150.7 crore mark

CP Gurnani, managing director and CEO of Tech Mahindra Ltd received a total remuneration of Rs 150.7 crore from the company.

By: | Published: July 6, 2017 11:43 PM
CP Gurnani salary, Tech Mahindra, Tech Mahindra ceo, Tech Mahindra ceo CP Gurnani, Tech Mahindra ceo pay, Tech Mahindra ceo payment, Tech Mahindra ceo CP Gurnani pay CP Gurnani’s total compensation for the year ended 31 March 2017 surpassed the pay packet of the entire board of India’s top three IT services firms – TCS, Infosys and Wipro – on most paid executives as public companies. (Reuters)

CP Gurnani, managing director and CEO of Tech Mahindra Ltd received a total remuneration of Rs 150.7 crore ($24.18 million) from the company. Gurnani drew a bulk of the remuneration (Rs 147.17 crore) from the value of stock options. As per the reports by VCCircle, the stock options were granted to him earlier and exercised last year, which means that Gurnani’s total remuneration does not indicate his or the company’s performance during the year. Gurnani’s total compensation for the year ended 31 March 2017 surpassed the pay packet of the entire board of India’s top three IT services firms – TCS, Infosys and Wipro – on most paid executives as public companies.

While calling the compensation as well deserved, Kris Lakshmikanth, founder and CEO of executive search firm Headhunters India, was qouted by VCCircle as saying, “Gurnani joined Tech Mahindra when the company was still a joint venture with British Telecom. He was one of the two employees who were given a generous stock option. The stock price of the firm at that time was just about Rs 30 per share. He successfully turned around Satyam after its merger with Tech Mahindra and the company’s share price has grown multifold. The compensation is well deserved.”

Meanwhile, there has been a significant hike in the remuneration of some of the high-level executives of Indian companies. This includes N Chandrasekaran, the former CEO of TCS, who is now chairman of Tata Sons. Chandrasekaran saw his remuneration rise to Rs 30.15 crore. CEO of Infosys, Vishal Sikka, also took a minor pay cut to Rs 45.11 crore after walking home with a 10-fold hike in pay packet in FY2015-16. Wipro chief, Abidali Neemuchwala too got a pay hike.

Shilpa Ann Paul
    Jul 22, 2017 at 11:41 pm
    Too bad..when CEO takes money home..employees take pink slips and cardboard boxes with their things to home..fair/unfair.share your vote !!
      Sandeep Mohapatra
      Jul 12, 2017 at 4:35 am
      slangs are removed automatically
        Sandeep Mohapatra
        Jul 12, 2017 at 4:27 am
        cunning character to become a gangster. Now I want to become a gangster and if I become ,Gurnani will be my 1st victim. Anyway I do not have any respect for Indian law if I get into jail I think it will be my lack of potential.
          Sandeep Mohapatra
          Jul 12, 2017 at 4:26 am
          Currently I do not have criminal record, now I am scolding you. You start a criminal procedure against me if I am not lifetime imprisonment or dead I will u. dont say you have not seen my mail. I have put a lot of mail to you and it is about 4 months time. And one more thing where did TechM get that idea of WithU app. I doubt it was copied from myself without my permission.There is no law I can file a legal suit. so, I have decided to you.I have mails which shows how humbly I requested you initially, you do not desrve that What to expect of other employees whose CEO is blind.Why my account was deactivated in midnight, just because I mailed your client I want to use their tool as evidence and I am filling a case. I think IT industry I for cowards and tolerant guys, I am in the wrong line .I regret why I did not go for ARMY when I was called to allahbad. I am a hardcore mental. Or why did I not borne into a criminal family or politician so,I could have had the
            Sandeep Mohapatra
            Jul 12, 2017 at 4:24 am
            gurnani. your daughter. I have logged in on the twitter to you publicaly. dare to give your address and arrange me a gun. I had mailed you officially there was injustice done with me. Did you ever care to initiate investigation , mother er. I was laid off due to poor rating. I completed 1 month schedule in 3 day time.I was the only person who worked on coding in a porting project in a team of 5 and it completed with 5-6 bugsI complete 3-4 function a day while my colleague take 5-6 day for a single function. If possible I will put a bomb in tech mahindra. you see I am mad.I give warnings. people do not take seriously to repent later. what do you think, you will me and I will show my ass. company earns money because people like me work there. You do me wrong, why should I not you. I have sent to you, to your client pictures of your wifes . why did you not do an FIR. I will go to as much extreme as I can.