1. Tata Steel Kalinganagar plant generates 17,000 job opportunities

Tata Steel Kalinganagar plant generates 17,000 job opportunities

Tata Steel's Kalinganagar plant in Odisha today claimed to have generated direct and indirect employment opportunities for over 17,000 persons.

By: | Bhubaneswar | Published: September 13, 2016 8:39 PM
Tata Steel is setting up a 6 MTPA capacity integrated steel plant in two phases of 3 MTPA each at Kalinganagar in Jajpur district, a company release said. (Source: Reuters) Tata Steel is setting up a 6 MTPA capacity integrated steel plant in two phases of 3 MTPA each at Kalinganagar in Jajpur district, a company release said. (Source: Reuters)

Tata Steel’s Kalinganagar plant in Odisha today claimed to have generated direct and indirect employment opportunities for over 17,000 persons.

The first phase of 3 MTPA was dedicated to the state in November, 2015.

The plant, which commenced commercial production in May this year, has generated direct employment opportunities for nearly 3,600 persons and indirect employment opportunities for over 14,200 persons, a company release said.

This is considered significant at a time when most of the industries in Kalinganagar area have become sick and are laying off workers and labourers, it said.

Around 48.53 per cent of the total employees are engaged directly by Tata Steel and 74.31 per cent are of contractors’ work force working for the plant, it said.

Stating that Tata Steel has been adhering to the conditions of the MoU of the industries department in all its recruitment initiatives, the release said the terms and conditions laid down in the MoU are strictly followed and first preference is given to local people in recruitments.

Tata Steel, which always strives for the development of local people, is also promoting employability training of the local youths of Kalinganagar.

Vocational skill development training are being provided through Tata Steel Rural Development Society (TSRDS), the release added.

Ajay Kumar nayak
    Aug 7, 2017 at 7:52 pm
    I am Ajay Kumar nayak of iti er hazaribag 80.92 -2015
    1. C
      Chaitanya Majhi
      Jul 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm
      Sir , I am Chaitanya Majhi I am 2 pass Govt ITI Barbil for Turner trade.I am apprentice Tata sponge iron ltd Bileipada ,KJR 3years exprencice. So I want to join in Tata steel..Plz sir give me a chance...
        Arun chandra ghosh
        Jul 8, 2017 at 4:50 pm
        Sir, I am ARUN Chandra Ghosh . I BA pass and kalyani ITI construction trade. I need job.please please call ................
        1. U
          UDAY TUDU
          May 18, 2017 at 11:14 am
          Sir; my qualification are matric iti trade welder and one year NAC one year industrial trainee 7 months temporary trainee in Tata motors Ltd uttrakhand . so I want to work in Tata steel
          1. N
            Nirmal gope
            May 10, 2017 at 3:59 pm
            Iti er job
              AJAY KUMAR SINGH
              May 6, 2017 at 10:25 pm
              Please
                AJAY KUMAR SINGH
                May 6, 2017 at 10:24 pm
                Please
                  Anup Maity
                  May 1, 2017 at 8:53 pm
                  Sir ,I AM ITI ER,EXPRiENCE 6 years....plz give me a chance in tata steel..
                    Abhijit m pote
                    Apr 28, 2017 at 8:07 am
                    Ok
                      Abhijit m pote
                      Apr 28, 2017 at 8:07 am
                      I am ssc and iti electronics expir.3 Year
                        Sudhir kumar das
                        Apr 27, 2017 at 7:21 pm
                        Sir,i am a ITI er student 2010 p out.Give me a chance to tata steel
                          Subrat
                          Apr 27, 2017 at 2:16 pm
                          You don't. Worry I communication u verry soon
                            jayadeb karna
                            Apr 27, 2017 at 11:40 am
                            Sir, I am my qualifications ra iti/diploma mechanical engineering .so I went to join tata steel please sir give a chance
                              Rahul Verma
                              Apr 27, 2017 at 9:18 am
                              Sir , I am a btech qualified student from Manipal university !! Please , give me a chance to work in Tata steel !! I am a starter!!
                                Atala Bihari Sahoo
                                Apr 24, 2017 at 8:30 pm
                                Sir, My qualifications are ITI p ed, trade of electrician and one year appendicship in Gragion pvt Ltd. I want to work in TATA steel.
                                  Atala Bihari Sahoo
                                  Apr 24, 2017 at 8:28 pm
                                  Sir, My qualifications are ITI p ed,trade of electrician and one year appendicship in Gragion pvt Ltd. I want to work in TATA steel .
                                    Dharambir Marndi
                                    Apr 20, 2017 at 4:24 pm
                                    I want to Wark in tata steel on the post of temporary workers
                                    1. G
                                      Gyanaranjan Das
                                      Apr 16, 2017 at 11:03 am
                                      Dear sir My qualification is diploma engineering in mechanical.so I want to join in tatasteel...plz sir give a chance...
                                        Dhananjay kr
                                        Mar 20, 2017 at 5:08 pm
                                        Deploma civil
                                        1. L
                                          Lalit ranjan
                                          Mar 21, 2017 at 7:57 am
                                          Instrument Sr, Foreman
                                            Manoj kumar
                                            Jan 5, 2017 at 5:49 pm
                                            I am working ninl as cdcp operater please give a chance