The Sun group will move court on Monday challenging the government decision not to allow it to participate the Phase-III auction process of FM radio.
“We will move the court on Monday challenging the decision. I am hopeful that we will get justice. We will knock the door of every court,” Sun group Chief Financial Officer S L Narayanan told PTI.
He said that the company has an extremely strong case and it will get relief from the court.
“We will get acquitted. Because nowhere in the world anybody is punished before abjudication process is over. Due process of law has to be exhausted. Till then I am presumed innocent,” he said.
Five companies of Kalanithi Maran-promoted Sun TV group will not be able to participate in Phase III FM auctions as the Information and Broadcasting Ministry has rejected their applications.
An Application Review Committee has rejected the applications of the companies belonging to the Sun group, which had failed to get a security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The I&B ministry released a list of 21 companies that were the ‘pre-qualified bidders’ for the first batch of the e-auctions for 135 private FM channels in 69 existing cities.
Security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs is a necessary condition to apply for the FM auctions.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had earlier denied security clearance to the Sun TV Network which had cast a question mark over its bid to participate in the auction.
The I&B Ministry is planning to conduct e-auction of 135 private FM channels in 69 existing cities in the first batch of Phase III.