Snapdeal Unbox Diwali Sale started on October 2 and, accoring to the eretailer over 2 million users logged onto the website during the first hour of sale to check out the deals on offer and to shop to their hearts’ content! Remember, the sale started at midnight! That was not all, Snapdeal sale generated other humongous numbers from the word go. Some 700,000 concurrent users logged onto the site within the first 5 minutes. Exploring the statistics further shows that Snapdeal generated 180 orders per second at launch! There are a plethora of great deals on offer, but what was driving the most interest were mobile phones (especially Samsung J2 Pro and the LeEco Le Max2), appliances, personal electronics and furniture items.
Big data threw up some more interesting tidbits. For instance, a huge number of consumers who had already decided, before the sale started, about what they would be purchasing had stocked millions of products in their carts and wish lists to ensure they got the best cut price deals as well as the product/s of their choice and thereby not miss out if the product ran out. People hate sold out signs! They did not miss a trick to get the best deals available!
As usual, the mobile phone category was the one where the most interest of buyers was focussed. More stats for you – in the first 8 hours of the Snapdeal Unbox Diwali Sale, 200 mobile phones sold per minute some and overall 1,00,000 mobile phones sold. And in this, the top-selling smartphones within the first 8 hours were Samsung J2 Pro and the LeEco Le Max2. Both these mobile phones were just flying into the shoppers’ carts! This was the result of the discounts available, which were backed by additional instant price cuts available on purchase through Citibank Cards.
Saurabh Bansal, Vice President, Categories at Snapdeal had this to say about the Snapdeal Unbox Diwali Sale early trends: “We are very excited to see the tremendous response in the initial hours of the Diwali Unbox Sale. Users have loved the additional, instant discount on Citibank cards. Many more exciting offers are lined up over the next days of the sale.”
On day 1 of Snapdeal Unbox Diwali sale, major discounts are available on these products. Check them out:
1. Women’s Ethnic Wear Styles – Minimum 60% + Extra 10% off
2. Men’s Clothing – Minimum 60% Off on
3. Men’s & Women’s Watches – Extra 15% OFF
4. Footwear – Minimum 50% Off
5. Women’s Western wear – Min 50% Off on Top Brands
Moving away from the mobile phones category to one where people were looking to ensure a more comfortable lifestyle, then there was a tremendous amount of interest in air-conditioners. Priced at some Rs 20,000, Voltas 5 Star Split 1.2 T ACs was a hot selling item. A flat discount of 30 on Lakme, 20% on Maybelline drew customers aplenty too. Men’s & Women’s footwear, available at some 50% discount, drew a lot of eyeballs, as per a Snapdeal app analysis.
Some 24,000 pen drives (collective capacity of about 400 TB) were purchased in the first 8 hours of sale, with Sony pen drives (16GB), priced at Rs 199, in particular creating a lot of interest.
Here are some of the outstanding performers during the Snapdeal Unbox Diwali that generated a lot of heat day 1:
* Micromax (50 inch) Full HD LED Television
* LG (32 inch) HD Ready LED Television
* Voltas 1.2 Ton 5 Star Split Air Conditioner
* Electrolux 7 Kg Fully Automatic Washing Machine
Computers, Laptops, Peripherals
* Dell Inspiron laptops with 5th Gen Intel processor
* Acer One Laptops
* Sony Micro Vault 16GB
* Toshiba 2TB Portable Hard Drive
* Garmin Vivo Fit 2
* Canon Print|Scan|Copy Color Printer
* Canon EOS 1300D DSLR cameras with Wifi/NFC
* Philips 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System
* Philips Pro Skin Advanced Trimmers
* Water Purifier (RO+UV) from Pureit, Kent, Eureka Forbes
* Cardio Equipment & Home Gym: Flat 35-80% off (Reebok, Adidas, Cosco & More)
* Pigeon Gas Stove
* Sunflame Mixer Grinder
* LED Packs from WIPRO, EVEREADY & Philips
* Godrej Home Safes | Min 20% off + Extra Rs 1000 off
More Snapdeal Diwali sale numbers:
Sellers’ Market: Nearly 30,000 sellers received orders in first 8 hrs
Everyone’s Buying: Orders from 12891 pin codes received
Citi all the way: 58,000 Instant Citi Cards discount applied