With a pace of acquiring 6 lakh customers a day, since its launch in September 5, Mukesh Ambanis Reliance Jio 4G had shaken up the telecom sector, majorly for its disruptive prices. The voice calls on the 4G VoLTE network of the telecom service is absolutely free. Though the voice calls uses data but there won’t be additional charges by the company on them and also Jio provides free data between 2 am to 5 am. With over 30 million users by now Reliance Jio had forced other competing telcos to change their game plan and come up with better and cheaper data packs and call costs.
Though it was primarily circulated that the voice calls doesn’t work on the non VoLTE 4G handset, here are a few steps one can follow to use Jio sims even in them:
– Non VoLTE 4G sets notifies that voice calld are offline once a Jio sim is put in there but calls can be initiated.
– The Play Store had an app called a Jio4GVoice app, previously known as JioJoin. One can search for this app keeping in mind that there are fraudulent clones of the same.
– By downloading and installing the Jio4GVoice app, one can get the capabilities of a VoLTE smartphone in their 4G set and make HD voice and video calls to any landline or mobile number anywhere in the world.
– The Jio4GVoice asks for permission for access to a phone’s dialer, messaging app, overriding battery saver, using mic to record your voice etc.
– After permission for access is granted app sends an OTP to an alternate number for verification.
– As the installation completes the voice call status will change to ‘Online’ and the user can make calls from their 4G sets.