Reliance Jio: Pushing his dream for a digitally connected India, Mukesh Ambani today made a series of statements on the growth of his telecom venture, the achievements in terms of adding customers, and the problems that have been faced due to peers’ “anti-competitive” behaviour. “While customers have shown unprecedented love for Jio, we have not received the required support from existing operators,” Ambani lamented. From calling Reliance Jio the fastest growing technology company in the world to the “best speeds” that are being offered, Mukesh Ambani made some very interesting and awe-inspiring statements We take a look at them:
1) In the first 3 months, Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp or Skype. Jio is the fastest growing technology company in the world
2) Today, Jio has successfully rolled out eKYC across 2 lakh outlets in India. To put this in perspective, this is nearly equal to the total number of ATMs in India. We are in the process of doubling this network, to 4 lakh digitally-enabled outlets, by March 2017.
3) e-KYC allowed SIM activation in under 5 minutes. This is the best experience for activating anywhere in the world
4) On average, a Jio customer is using 25 times more data than the average Indian broadband user
5) In 83 days, Jio has added 50 million customers on its 4G LTE all-IP wireless broadband network. Jio has signed-up over 6 lakh customers every single day for the past 3 months.