1. Reliance Industires to restart petrol pump network by March 2016

Reliance Industires to restart petrol pump network by March 2016

Reliance Industries had shut down all of its petrol pumps around March 2008 because of huge losses it incurred in trying to match public sector firms.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: May 24, 2015 12:43 PM
reliance industries

‘Reliance Industries plan to re-commission the entire network of 1,400 outlets by the end of FY 2015-16. As on March 31, 2015, over 300 outlets are operational,’ the company said in its latest annual report. (Reuters)

Reliance Industries plans to fully resume its petrol pump network by March next year as government ending diesel subsidies have given it a level- playing field to compete with state-owned retailers.

“Reliance plans to re-commission the entire network of 1,400 outlets by the end of FY 2015-16. As on March 31, 2015, over 300 outlets are operational,” the company said in its latest annual report.

The firm had ventured into selling petrol and diesel through a network of nearly 1,400 petrol pumps in 2006, but had to shut operations as it wasn’t getting subsidies extended to state-run operators.

The subsidies made good losses state retailers incurred on selling fuel below market price, aimed at shielding the poor from inflation.

The government deregulated petrol in June 2010 and diesel in October last year, paving the way for private operators’ entry.

“Post announcement of deregulation, prices of petrol and diesel are being changed in-line with international prices. This has presented an opportunity for RIL to re-enter the domestic retail market and ramp-up volumes to compete with local players,” it said.

Between 2006 and now, industry volumes of petrol and diesel sold have doubled from 40 million tons per annum in 2006 to 80 million tons. Demand for transportation fuels is expected to grow in line with growth in the country’s GDP, RIL said.

The retail network has increased from 31,000 in 2006 to over 53,000 outlets with majority owned by public sector units.

“Reliance is aggressively investing in restart of entire network with a focus on quickly regaining market share,” the annual report said.

RIL and Essar Oil Ltd, the only other private refiner in India, had together captured about 17 per cent of domestic retail market for diesel and 10 per cent of petrol by 2006 before heavily subsidised sales by state-run firms took a heavy toll on private firms’ fuel sales.

RIL had shut down all of its petrol pumps around March 2008 because of huge losses it incurred in trying to match public sector firms.

Post fuel price deregulation, Essar Oil has begun selling from most of its 1,400 outlets, which it plans to scale up to 2,500 in a year’s time.

Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL) on Friday announced plans to enter fuel retailing with 100 outlets.

“Aggressive communication campaigns and instant reward schemes have been launched to help create a market buzz and quick ramp-up of volumes.Reliance’s key differentiator, a unique fleet management programme, Trans-Connect, will also be re-launched with a host of value-added services,” RIL said.

The firm had in 2006 touched a market share of 14.3 per cent in diesel and 7.2 per cent in petrol.

For Updates Check follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Vishnu Rathod
    Sep 10, 2017 at 10:59 am
    I want dealership reliance petrol pump urgent
    1. B
      Bhagwat Garud
      Aug 15, 2017 at 2:22 pm
      Dear sir mi petrol pump chalu karvana chahta hu muze iske bare me jankari dijiye mob. No. 9960678587
      1. B
        Bhagwat Garud
        Aug 15, 2017 at 2:18 pm
        Hi sir muze apke pump ki dealership chahiye please iske bare me jankari dijiye mob. No. 9960678587
          abdul
          Aug 5, 2017 at 12:03 am
          Good morning sir .I want to open Reliance petrol bunk in makthal mandal mahabub nagar TS area so please help me sir I waiting for you your reply the messagethis is my contact number 8500523546
          1. K
            Kuldeep
            Jul 30, 2017 at 7:18 pm
            Sir my self kuldeep, I want open a reliance pertrol pump in hisar district. Please tell me procudure. My contact no 9465924244 or 8950589504
              Shibu krishnan
              Jul 25, 2017 at 1:14 pm
              My name is shibu Krishnan, I want to open a mobile petrol pump in Kerala, kollam district, what is the procedure to get , please let me know, my number is 9562327641, now I am working in Dubai, 00971559273126 , this is my Dubai number,
              1. N
                NARASIMJARAO
                Jul 22, 2017 at 8:00 am
                Good morning sir .I want to open Reliance petrol bunk in Amravati area so please help me sir I waiting for you your reply the messagethis is my contact number 9441 656 502
                  Daya shankar sahu
                  Jul 21, 2017 at 3:31 pm
                  Urgently open a petrol pump in reliance so plezz....call me 9660605615 Chhatisgarh
                    sukhi
                    Jul 8, 2017 at 10:33 pm
                    I want to open petrol pump call me 8360815742
                      dev singh
                      Jun 19, 2017 at 6:46 pm
                      Sir I want to petrol pump delarship
                        Datta suryakant bhalekar
                        May 16, 2017 at 1:41 pm
                        I'm interested to hear that the start a petrol pump in osmanabad maharashtra contact me on this number 8999905913
                          Rohit kumar
                          May 12, 2017 at 2:38 pm
                          I am interested in reliance petroleums business. I am interested in starting a new fuel station in my city. City name Sambhal distt Sambhal 244302 Uttar Pradesh. Contact no 919058921785 919058619652
                            ashok yadav
                            Apr 30, 2017 at 11:24 am
                            Sir i am intrested reliance petrol pump in Bihar Nawada dist. Vill in sirdala con. No 8808413970
                            1. K
                              kapil Kumar
                              Apr 26, 2017 at 10:58 pm
                              I am interested to
                              1. K
                                kapil Kumar
                                Apr 26, 2017 at 10:58 pm
                                I am interested to reliance fuel pump open
                                  Amar Lal
                                  Apr 25, 2017 at 2:51 pm
                                  Sir Iam interested to start new petrol pump in Himachal Pradesh rular area Disst Solan. 9816812890
                                    ANILKUMAR
                                    Apr 21, 2017 at 3:55 pm
                                    I WANT NEW PETROL PUMP IN ramasamudram-pincode-517417 chittoor dist, ANDHRAPRADESH PLS CONTACT ME MY NO 9611786135
                                      Madineni Siva Prasad Naidu
                                      Apr 11, 2017 at 7:31 pm
                                      I am intrested to put reliance retail outlet in near my town (tadipatri. Anantapur district Contact 9160744288
                                        Madineni Siva Prasad Naidu
                                        Apr 11, 2017 at 7:29 pm
                                        I am intrested to put reliance retail outlet in my town near (tadipatri. Anantapur district
                                          Anand Antil