1. SKS Microfinance renamed Bharat Financial Inclusion

SKS Microfinance renamed Bharat Financial Inclusion

SKS Microfinance today said the name of the company has been changed to Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: June 14, 2016 9:06 AM
It is the only listed company in the microfinancing space in the country. (Express photo) It is the only listed company in the microfinancing space in the country. (Express photo)

“Pursuant to approval of Government, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Registrar of Companies, the name of the company has been changed from ‘SKS Microfinance Limited’ to ‘Bharat Financial Inclusion Limited’ with effect from today (June 13, 2016),” it said in a regulatory filing.

Also Read: SKS Microfinance net profit jumps over two fold in Q4 at Rs 85 crore

It is the only listed company in the microfinancing space in the country.

Earlier in May, the company had said the decision to change the name was taken as its core had undergone a transformation, equipping it to play a major role in fulfilling the national priority of financial inclusion.

The company is among the largest microfinance companies in India. It has presence across 18 states covering 1,00,000 villages, catering to its 63.65 lakh women members.

The company was mired in serious controversy in late 2010 due to rising spate of suicides by its borrowers, triggered by allegedly coercive recovery practices.

Shares of the company closed 1.13 per cent lower at Rs 668.45 on BSE today.

Abhijit Basak
    Jul 3, 2017 at 11:53 am
    interest me SKS
      Abhijit Basak
      Jul 3, 2017 at 11:52 am
      I am abhijit basak.my urgent job
        Abhijit Basak
        Jul 3, 2017 at 11:51 am
        Ser.my urgent job
          Debraj Mondal
          May 2, 2017 at 2:48 pm
          I join this company.I am a h.s p ed in 2011 of science.please call me.ph-9732246936
            Saurabh mitra
            Apr 27, 2017 at 4:11 pm
            I have a quiery that my wife has pra before your field officer for a loan in group,,,every do ents has submitted but it is two weeks p ed when the time of loan comes day before they are asking newly method,,,recently the officer asked for thump impression or like that before disburse the loan,,,and said to come in group and the loan will disburse on next week,,,,,i m her husband and talking on behalf of my wife applied for the said loan
              Sujith
              Jan 2, 2017 at 11:03 pm
              Can I get your Kerala head office branch manager contact number, or any related person who have the decision take against your pathiyoor branch executive s..I called your toll free number but noise,no one giving exact details
                Rohidas Mahadev
                Jan 3, 2017 at 3:52 pm
                Call me back
                1. K
                  kuldeep
                  Oct 10, 2016 at 5:24 am
                  shoshan- is company me kaam karne ka koi time table nhi h. subah 6:00 baje se raat 2:00 baje tak kaam karate h. is company ka naam hona chahiye shoshan micro finance company. pahle company k rule aur niyam sudharo. koi time table hi nhi h is company me log bailo ki tarah kaam karte h is company me. bail bhi khet me kaam karta h ek limit me.