Vishal Sikka led Infosys today announced an expanded relationship with Microsoft Corporation in driving industry-led solutions, to simplify and automate migration to Microsoft products and to accelerate Microsoft Azure-based and other digital transformations for clients. Infosys has committed to scale up its team of dedicated Azure consultants to 5,000.
Together, Microsoft and Infosys implement migration and implementation solutions to bring the benefits of cloud to clients quickly and easily. This enhanced alliance builds on Infosys’ longstanding relationship with Microsoft as a Global Managed Alliance Partner. Infosys brings the productivity benefits of Microsoft products to its global client base, and is also a provider of technology and business process services to Microsoft.
Sandeep Dadlani, President and Global Head, Alliances, Infosys said, “Microsoft products, especially Microsoft Azure, are proving to be among the most compelling enterprise-grade solutions for cloud. Our longstanding relationship with Microsoft and decades of co-development for our mutual clients gives us the knowledge and insight to help clients migrate and take advantage of the platforms Microsoft offers.”
Here is how Infosys and Microsoft linkages are being strengthened:
1. Infosys will provide a broad range of offerings to accelerate the adoption of Azure, Analytics and SQL Server 2016. Clients will be able to leverage solutions such as the Healthcare Analytics Suite along with migrations of a wide range of technologies including Mainframe and Linux
2. Infosys will expand the availability of its products on Azure, in addition to Finacle, to clients
3. In order to assist Microsoft clients, Infosys, along with Microsoft, will build design tools, solution frameworks and accelerators to simplify and automate a significant part of the effort required by clients to migrate and manage their implementations on to Microsoft products
4. Infosys will build a global capacity of more than 5,000 consultants skilled on Azure within the next few years, alongside a broad range of tools and solutions designed to accelerate the delivery of services that will drive legacy transformation, workload migration and analytics services
5. The two companies will establish a global Azure Innovation Center – an ecosystem to proliferate the development of innovative solutions and offerings to help our enterprise clients utilize the power of the Microsoft cloud platform. The center will utilize the best of design thinking to enable Infosys architects to incubate, differentiate, adopt and showcase the impact of emerging technologies
Judson Althoff, President – Microsoft North America, said, “Enterprises today are on a journey of digitization – reinventing business processes and adapting to new business models to build a competitive advantage. We are working closely with Infosys in North America and other markets around the globe to help our customers in their digital transformation journey. We are excited about the accelerated Infosys investment in building a global pool of resources together with a range of industry applications. Our efforts will allow both companies to meet the explosive demand of a new generation of solutions powered by Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics.”