Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services, has announced that Openreach, the infrastructure division of BT Group, has expanded its Seamless Desktop project to an additional 1,000 users. This expansion brings the number of front office and back office call center agents, who benefit from this award winning platform, to over 5,000.
The Seamless Desktop project on the AssistEdge platform by EdgeVerve Systems, an Infosys company, simplifies and integrates disparate systems that are used by agents to support Openreach engineers and field agents in the UK. The platform has reduced call handling times by 20 percent, halved training time from six to three months for new agents, and reduced login time from up to 20 minutes to a single sign on that takes less than 60 seconds. It also provides significantly enhanced analytical insights that enable Openreach to proactively allocate resources and improve network planning and customer service.
Alan Hall, Director, Openreach said, “Extending the use of AssistEdge within the Seamless Desktop project was an easy decision for us. Over 5,000 people in over 50 centers are now able to provide our customers and engineers with a much improved service. This has saved us money, automated tedious tasks and enabled us to improve management planning. We know the calls are shorter and the operational processes are faster, and while we don’t measure the tone of voice, I’d say they are a fair bit happier too.”
Rajesh Murthy, Executive Vice President and Global Head of Energy, Communications and Services, Infosys, added, “We’ve all been on the other end of the line when a call center agent has been struggling with their computer system. Often, they can’t find the right information or it takes ages to log into a different system. For companies, this is a cost and customer experience nightmare. AssistEdge, which provides a single view model and can be deployed quickly and easily, is helping companies like Openreach deliver best-in-class service.”
· Automated sign-in launches multiple disparate applications with a single click
· An integrated application framework provides a single unified view of each case, that aggregates key information from multiple sources
· A guided workflow that enables process standardization
· Supervisors are provided an improved view of agent activity, allowing them to track each interaction and communicate alerts, if required
· The simple and intuitive system has reduced training time by half. It has also received positive feedback from agents
· 1,000 additional agents have been added in a matter of months