After Hours with Jaydeep Burman, Founder & CEO, Faaso’s:
1. The job: One job I am dedicated to, is to look for great young-at-heart talent to build the largest and most loved food-on-demand company in the world. Faaso’s is growing at a very rapid pace at the moment and is looking to expand to about 20 cities by the end of this fiscal. The one thing that I find annoying, but which is part and parcel of doing business in India, is negotiating the red tape for setting up operations in different states.
2. The weekdays: The weekdays are exciting and include a lot of travelling. A usual working day has discussions ranging from marketing, hiring to sorting out operational issues, mostly related to how technology can solve the common customer problems. It requires energy of a very different order, considering the pace we are moving at as a company which is exuberated by the entire team that works with me. Together
with the very committed and passionate team that we have built, we are able to come up with innovative ideas.
3. The weekend: There are hardly any weekends or an e-tail business, especially as most of our transactions happen during the same time. I do try and spend time with my family which includes two lovely daughters.
4. The toys: I cannot live without my iPhone and my Mac and the conn-ectors and convertors that are needed.
5. The logos: I am not very picky when it comes to clothes. I prefer wearing loose fitting cotton clothes, some of which I have collected from Van Heusen and Wills Lifestyle. Also my favourite watch is from Tommy Hilfiger.
—As told to Banasree Purkayastha