After hours: Manu Agarwal
Founder & CEO, Naaptol
1. The job: The morning rays are always refreshing for me and each new day brings a lot of energy and positivity to take me one step ahead towards my goals. I arrive with this energetic mindset to my office at sharp 9:15 am. For me, my office is like my second home and I do a walk-through, seeing the energy and dedication of my team. After a walk-through, I move to my cabin and take a few minutes to read my mails and reply to those that need immediate action.
2. The weekdays: My morning starts with dropping my daughter to school every day, and then I go swimming for 30 minutes. At 8:45 am, I head for work. I mostly have my breakfast in the car. During the drive to office, I talk to my mother over the phone every day. It’s my mother encouragement and blessings that gave me the strength to start Naaptol.
Every Monday, I make sure that a meeting is conducted with all the depa- rtment heads to get a clear overview of the tasks and projects with each depar-tment. Even in the midst of meetings and work deadlines, I read the latest editorials and articles in newspapers which keep me updated with the latest happenings in the industry. I also do yoga in the office at 12 noon every day. Yoga helps me attain peace at work and helps me focus on goals. I believe in an ‘open door policy’ as it gives an opportunity for my employees to freely interact with me. As the week draws to a close, I start making plans for the coming week.
3. The weekend: I like spending quality time with my family and going for swimming or playing badminton. I go to the spa every weekend. An hour at the spa really energizes my spirits and rejuvenates me for the week ahead.
I am a movie buff and I like to watch movies with my family and friends. I especially like watching Bollywood movies and English animated movies. If Bollywood movies entertain, then Hollywood animated movies are a mix of fun and visual treat. I got out for dinner with friends every weekend and this is the best time to connect with them.
4. The toys: I am not too gadget savvy. My mobile is the only gadget I carry with me all the time. It’s not just a mobile, but my personal assistant. From checking my official mails, reading online news-papers to interacting with my friends on Whatsapp, it helps me stay connected.
5. The logos: Though I am not so brand savvy, there are certain brands I prefer over others. I prefer Samsung for mobile phones. It’s packed with innovation, yet simplicity of operations makes it user friendly. In clothing and footwear I prefer Levi’s and Adidas. Levi’s is synonymous with youthfulness and sportiness. Adidas is all about comfort. I believe in dressing up cool and casual on weekends to break the monotony of formal dressing.
—As told to Banasree Purkayastha