Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal sales – online shopping tips: Festive season shopping is on and there are huge discounts on offer by all the ecommerce majors in their respective sales including Amazon Great Indian Festival, Flipkart Big Billion Days, Snapdeal Unbox Diwali sale, and ShopClues ‘Lowest Price Online Challenge’. Buyers want the best deals and they are more than willing to pay for the cut price products with their credit cards ready. From iPhones, Redmi Note 3, Mi Max to Voltas ACs , fashion, home ware and more. It is big business and the eretailers are looking to entice with big discounts. And they are doing so with a great amount of success, if we go according to the growth numbers they are bandying about – all of them are saying they have beaten their 2015 Diwali sale numbers and logged highest-ever sales! But what of the consumer? The humble buyer is there for the deals, but s/he is in danger of losing out if they are not too aware of the process of getting the biggest bang for their buck. So, how to put their hard earned money to best use while shopping online? This may well spoil buyers’ Diwali later on when they realise they could have got a better deal. After all, they have saved the money over months just to shop now during the sale season. What should they do, what should they be aware of. Find out here.
So, here are a few online shopping tips, as elaborated by ShopClues, to make the most of the sales offers and deals and keep yourself safe.
1. APPS: Online Shopping goes hand in hand with the app; so, download them. Why? Because e-commerce majors offer extra discounts on their apps just to get people locked exclusively on to their online property. Also, there are many app exclusive deals that can’t be found on their other online sites. Some are even offering windfall deals and prizes!
2. WISH-LIST: As with studies and interviews, do not get onto the online shopping bandwagon without due preparation. First of all, pen a wish-list of goods that you want to buy. This will also ensure that you do not miss a mega deal. Most ecommerce portals offer an option to consumers where they can short-list products and put them on their wish-list. This feature allows shoppers to find the right product and that too at the right price point.
3. COMPARISONS: Whether it is buying insurance, or getting a home loan or even a car loan, compare, compare, compare! So, buyers should install extensions of 3rd-party sites and this will empower them in terms of comparing prices of products. In short, you can shortlist portals that are offering the best price.
4. CASHBACK AND CREDIT CARDS: If you are a really serious shopper who likes to chase the top/best deals on offer then focus on cash backs on specific cards and banks. These are usually prominently displayed on these websites. These cards and banks, if used properly can be used to avail extra discounts, and interest-free zero-cost EMIs. And, to make sure your transaction goes through quickly without a glitch, save your card details beforehand with these portals.
5. CHASE THOSE HASHTAGS: No matter how great and knowledgeable an online shopper you are, you still may miss a top deal. To ensure that does not happen, chase those hashtags started by the ecommerce majors like #ItneKumMein, #ItneMeinITNAAAAmilega, #BadeDilWale, #UnboxDiwaliSale. This way you can get updated on each deal/latest offer.